Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pool "phase 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone move into phase 2 today on anything. I'm just curious how you know. Do they send an email ? Is the name listed in a seperate section. I bid on a batch of names in phase 1 but don't see anything. I'm just going to assume that means I didnt make it to phase 2. ... oh well.

Domain Summit 2024

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
anyone move into phase 2 today on anything. I'm just curious how you know. Do they send an email ? Is the name listed in a seperate section. I bid on a batch of names in phase 1 but don't see anything. I'm just going to assume that means I didnt make it to phase 2. ... oh well.

I had four names at Pool in the sealed bid phase, and I had entered bids for all of them. Today when the sealed bid phase ended, two of the names simply disappeared from my "Current Auctions" list. The other two show up just like the old Pool auctions, one with me outbid, in red, and one with me winning, in green.

The two names I did not survive the sealed bid phase with are listed in my Auction History as "Auctions I didn't win", but with no way of knowing what the high sealed bid was or how many bidders made it to phase 2.

I think this is what Pool wanted, to hide the winning bids from everyone except those doing the highest bidding.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chatcher said:
I had four names at Pool in the sealed bid phase, and I had entered bids for all of them. Today when the sealed bid phase ended, two of the names simply disappeared from my "Current Auctions" list. The other two show up just like the old Pool auctions, one with me outbid, in red, and one with me winning, in green.

The two names I did not survive the sealed bid phase with are listed in my Auction History as "Auctions I didn't win", but with no way of knowing what the high sealed bid was or how many bidders made it to phase 2.

I think this is what Pool wanted, to hide the winning bids from everyone except those doing the highest bidding.

Pool is a joke and they saved me a ton of money by doing this 2 phase crap, I will never spend another dime there.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks chatcher. . .
it sucks that I can't know how much I got beat by. . . really sucks

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what exactly does not using the service that gets domains you want solve?

Keep encouraging people not to use them, so the bids drop. . . I'm sure this is your agenda.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they want to gain privacy from the peanut gallery, they should have charged $1 non-refundable to add a name to the list. Their "solution" throws the baby out with the bathwater.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
Pool is a joke and they saved me a ton of money by doing this 2 phase crap, I will never spend another dime there.

I feel exactly the same way.

URLtrader

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
btw I think namewinner, snap and enom suck too
So I think we should all stop using them as well. Spread the word. Let's all go back to manual registration attempts and boycott these "services".

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
So I think we should all stop using them as well. Spread the word. Let's all go back to manual registration attempts and boycott these "services".

I say let's boycott the whole DNS system and use IP addresses. That will teach all of em a lesson.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
then we will just start 'catching' IP addresses and start selling and buying numbers that look beter than others :)

The 2 phase system of pool is a joke, and their prices are targetted for end users most of the time.
However, Enom's latest strategy has also placed them in the same arena, so...?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chatcher said:

I just looked. And, the couple I had for today were in the "Auctions I didn't win" section.

I can only see this working against them. It doesn't make me want to bid higher
on other domains. Because, I don't know how far off I am on the ones I missed.

All it does is alienate them from me.

I guess they don't realize that if I am close I will keep bidding.
But, I will not just shoot into the dark.

And, they are banking on people to just to "bid blindly"?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chatcher said:
I say let's boycott the whole DNS system and use IP addresses. That will teach all of em a lesson.

I have 69.69.69.24.7 for sale, taking offers

EDIT: Oh sorry should this be in adult?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
LOL

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
also email sucks as well so please do not email people trying to buy their domains. . . only contact by the USPS is acceptable from now on.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really hope you're being sarcastic in your posts.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
I really hope you're being sarcastic in your posts.

I'm sorry I am no longer available in this thread since it sucks also. If you wish you can call me and talk to me on the phone. . .. or if you have a string and tin can I am available as well.
:)

HLK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:

Same Here, I will be saved from spending even more insane amounts of money than I spent before. I'm finished with them.

They can go drown in their "Pool" of greed...

mikess

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
what exactly does not using the service that gets domains you want solve?

Keep encouraging people not to use them, so the bids drop. . . I'm sure this is your agenda.

The bids will never drop. In fact, they will and probably have been going up during the sealed process. The others systems will soon follow. This whole auction system has gone way over what any average person with an average budget can get. Kind of makes you think the wls is not a bad idea at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom