Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when signing up at pool does it mean they take $60 from you for signing up?

Domain Summit 2024

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. You pay only when you win a domain.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Darren, you can backorder as many times as you like without paying a dime. The 60 dollar fee only applies if Pool acquires it. At the moment, they do very well. Just a heads up though. Depending on the name, if someone else has placed a backorder on it your looking at a bid auction situation that could go into the high hundreds to thousands. Good Luck.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never use POOL,I think POOL will get my 60$ when I reg a user at POOL.
It's right!?

Thanks
Bean

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guiwang said:
I never use POOL,I think POOL will get my 60$ when I reg a user at POOL.
It's right!?

Thanks
Bean

Registration of members is free. You pay when pool successfully registers a domain ordered by you. If you were the only person who ordered it, you pay $60. If there are more persons there is an auction open only to those who had ordered that particular domain. You get the name if you are the highest bidder. Sometimes it gets crazy and people bid insane amounts in the heat of a moment. Better you decide how much you will bid before bidding starts. I hope that helps.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys then how come it says
Entering valid credit card information is mandatory when creating a new Pool.com account. Once entered, a pre-authorization of $60USD will apply. This security measure is in place to protect our customers and Pool.com from fraudulent acts against our backorder system.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's to counteract shill-bidding or from people who signed up for accounts and didn't enter credit cards.

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A pre-authorization is not a charge. They pre-authorize your card, which makes room for a charge, and if a charge isn't made within a few days, the pre-authorization is automatically dropped by your credit card company. They can use this to check if your credit card is valid.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand ,thank every one.

Bean

M

mole

Talking about holding money, be careful when you use Netsol's new Certified Offer. They precharged my debit card $1000 for the offer I made at that amount. So, if you offer $10,000, be prepared to have your credit all wiped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom