• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenl

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
1,856
Reaction score
4
when signing up at pool does it mean they take $60 from you for signing up?
 
No. You pay only when you win a domain.
 
Darren, you can backorder as many times as you like without paying a dime. The 60 dollar fee only applies if Pool acquires it. At the moment, they do very well. Just a heads up though. Depending on the name, if someone else has placed a backorder on it your looking at a bid auction situation that could go into the high hundreds to thousands. Good Luck.
 
I never use POOL,I think POOL will get my 60$ when I reg a user at POOL.
It's right!?

Thanks
Bean
 
guiwang said:
I never use POOL,I think POOL will get my 60$ when I reg a user at POOL.
It's right!?

Thanks
Bean

Registration of members is free. You pay when pool successfully registers a domain ordered by you. If you were the only person who ordered it, you pay $60. If there are more persons there is an auction open only to those who had ordered that particular domain. You get the name if you are the highest bidder. Sometimes it gets crazy and people bid insane amounts in the heat of a moment. Better you decide how much you will bid before bidding starts. I hope that helps.
 
Guys then how come it says
Entering valid credit card information is mandatory when creating a new Pool.com account. Once entered, a pre-authorization of $60USD will apply. This security measure is in place to protect our customers and Pool.com from fraudulent acts against our backorder system.
 
Maybe it's to counteract shill-bidding or from people who signed up for accounts and didn't enter credit cards.
 
A pre-authorization is not a charge. They pre-authorize your card, which makes room for a charge, and if a charge isn't made within a few days, the pre-authorization is automatically dropped by your credit card company. They can use this to check if your credit card is valid.
 
I understand ,thank every one.

Bean
 
Talking about holding money, be careful when you use Netsol's new Certified Offer. They precharged my debit card $1000 for the offer I made at that amount. So, if you offer $10,000, be prepared to have your credit all wiped out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom