• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Portable.mobi

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think there is a real need for a .mobi when providing internet navigation to a mobile device ?

Most .com websites will be optimized within a couple of years to satisfy the need, so .mobi will be useless.

Yes, try to buy a book on Amazon from your mobile phone.

Do you think such a purchase cannot wait a couple of hours to be quietly done at home from a PC, after comparing prices for example ?

This is my last "question" (do not bother to answer, since we have to disagree for sure :-D )

Good luck with your domain !!!
 
Do you think such a purchase cannot wait a couple of hours to be quietly done at home from a PC, after comparing prices for example ?
Yeah,

I have to agree that portable.mobi sound redundant, on the other hand people change their mobile quite often. Would they use their mobile to buy a mobile I don't know.
I would have to agree with Rick that mobile surfing is best suited for the 'commuter' type of activity like checking train schedules, making a quick reservation, checking bank account etc. So just like .biz .mobi probably does not lend itself well to any keyword.
PS: Amazon via mobile makes sense only if you need to make a gift fast ;)

Tip: in French portable also means 'laptop'.
 
Hello Fredo,

You have in my opinion much better dot mobi names to sell then this one.

To be honnest, I am not even sure having seen this domain available...
I am french and I do not know why the portable word with the mobi word does not sound a good association (at least in a phonetic point of view).
So I will say few hundred dollars if you find someone motivated.

About your idea to maybe use the name for a mobile phones store I think the version ending with the s is better: portables.mobi

...

Colbert is saying that one do not need a dot mobi to reach the mobile audience. I sent you recently a mail about this and why I am really less motivated today about these dot mobi names and more in french.
Only Google can make the dot mobi a success and I explained why in some NamePros threads.

Good luck my friend!

...
 
Thanks for the feedback guys!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom