Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

legal Possible scammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently listed a domain for sale on here and received an offer through PM that seems a little fishy. After realalizing the "member" had just signed up this month I looked at their feedback of only 1. The feedback that was left was my another "member" who signed up this month and had a -1 rating (2 negatives and the only positive being that of this other new member). The negative comments left were stating that this "member" was scamming and using stolen paypal accounts. I am afraid that this other person sending me an offer by pm is attempting the same scam. I am very cautious of this now after being scammed in the same manner last year. If anyone would like the name of this person please pm me. Thanks!

Prince

Domain Summit 2024

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, well I will put their names on here since I just read in another thread that they are selling a stolen domain and using a stolen paypal account.......
They are: domaineed and sasy

Last edited:

chamac

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was scammed by sasy, am pleased to know the threads have been moved to legal.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the name of these 2 idiots.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no problem. Hope to see something done about these two!

chamac

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received a response from godaddy regarding the domain I lost due to the scam, and was told they would/could do nothing about it unless legal action was taken.
"[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Please be assured that if we receive notice of a pending legal dispute we will lock the name so that it cannot be transferred or otherwise modified. Likewise, when we receive a decision we will update the name accordingly. If you file a dispute concerning the domain [FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]name[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,sans-serif], please forward a copy to [email protected]."[/FONT][/FONT]

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received the same response from godaddy last year when this happened to me. I was emailed some forms to fill out and fax in but after about 6 months now have heard nothing back.................

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got an offer on one of my names by domaineed, I refused the offer. Thanks guys for the heads up!

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no problem.........why is this guy still on here doing this anyway??? Admin, can anything be done to get rid of this scammer?????

chamac

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received an offer on one of my domains by domaineed this morning. Offer came by PM. We agreed on a price, I suggested sedo, domaineed wanted domain quickly, wanted to use paypal. I said I would do so but would want to wait "approx 3 days" after payment before transfer to godaddy account (giving paypal time to determine if this was an unauthorized transaction). Have not received any response.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received an offer on one of my domains by domaineed this morning. Offer came by PM. We agreed on a price, I suggested sedo, domaineed wanted domain quickly, wanted to use paypal. I said I would do so but would want to wait "approx 3 days" after payment before transfer to godaddy account (giving paypal time to determine if this was an unauthorized transaction). Have not received any response.

A wise strategy to sweat out any potential scam, and it looks like it worked for you this time. :)
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators