Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

--- posts decreasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have checked the DN forum many times a day since i started a few months back. There were so many posts about useful information about domains or other interesting topics that i have enjoyed since. But ever since the F$ stopped, I have noticed a dramatic drop in posts.

I thought that it was fun and nice to buy gifts or use the F$ to upgrade or use for other purposes. But now that the F$ have stopped, not many posts come up. Kinda of sad. I dont know how many of you were against the F$ system, but it seems that F$ makes people post more.

What I recommend is that DNforum bring back the F$ and place "domain registration affiliates" supplying ALL domain extensions. This would be profitable for DNforum to make money and cover F$ frauds (if any). I would also suggest that DNforum to take care of frauds differently than just stopping the F$ system.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but it seems that F$ makes people post more.
What do you think?

F$ makes some people post more BS, and it is really time-consuming to find interesting topics among the BS.
End of dnf$ is a step into the right direction imho.

Domain Summit 2024

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dnf will make more $$ for banning f$. when u can't get it for free, you will have to buy it.

Exactly, and for those of us who paid high dollar for being an Exclusive member, this is a big let down. What happened to the ole saying ? "You get what you pay for". :veryangry:

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It promoted posting - that's for sure. And that's not a bad thing - nobody used to spam (that'd be against the rules, hence would be taken care of by the staff) - even the posts solely made for DNF$ were helpful. Take the appraisals board, for example. People used to be able to get appraisals in there. Now the board is pretty much dead.

From what I can see, gold and exclusive memberships are pointless really - the main perk of being a gold member (getting free appraisals) is now gone, and exclusives no longer get any DNF$ benefits.. it won't affect us in a huge way, although I'm convinced that Adam will certainly notice a fall in traffic and membership sales over the next few months :(

The DNF$ was fun, and it promoted activity. Now what's wrong with that? Over at NP, there was a thread made seeing whether their NP$ should be scrapped. Everyone over there has said 'No, keep it'.

And I'm sure that if we, the members were asked/polled over whether to keep DNF$ or not, the majority would have voted no. Heck, why not put up that poll now? Ask all members: gold, platinum and exclusives (IIC, exclusives were briefly told that DNF$ was to be scrapped).

Anywhoo, I think that removing DNF$ will affect this place negatively. Although only time well tell :)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are several reasons for the decreased posts.

Sure you may say it is because of the removal of F$. But to prevent abuse all that needed to be done was to restrict receiving F$ for your posts in the introduction forum and perhaps sales threads. Personally, I liked the F$ system and it was a shame that it was removed. I liked holding contests and upgrading Gold members to Platinum and giving out F$. It could have been kept by adding some kind of system in place to prevent the chargebacks.

Another topic about spam posts, is I do not believe DNF has that much spam. You can take Namepros, for example, probably has 1/3 of their posts with the word "bump" in it. DNF doesn't allow this so it isn't a problem.

Another fix for the F$ is that when moderators delete spam posts, it should take away the F$ received for that post and perhaps 1 additional F$. So if the poster received 3 F$ for the post, by deleting it it removes 4 F$ from their balance. People will quit spamming right away if they are losing F$.

And the point about having to moderate more posts. You mean the moderators have to work around here? This was the point in the past for the restructuring of the moderators. I used to be a moderator, but was told there were too many and went back to exclusive as I paid for. Back then threads were moderated within a minute of a post being reported. Now I report posts against the rules and it is lucky to see something happen within a couple of days.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it is seasonal related. Many part-timers can hole up over the winter and spend more time on the boards, but when spring comes jobs get busier, more things to do outside, etc. I have to say the F$ doesn't really impact me. If fraud is a problem then maybe F$ could be restricted to things that fraud doesn't impact (if that's possible).

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's due to F$... the domain industry is cyclical.... around this time each year posts drop dramatically because it's the summer and its holiday and travelling season... it will pick back up... it's meer coincidence that it corrispondse with the F$ taken away

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After taking a look at the posts, I would say that the quality of the posts is actually up.

-=DCG=-

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing less of the short answer posts and thats a good thing....I personally dont care if I earn dnf$ or not, it never motivated me to post, but I do like having dnf$ in place, being able to buy and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom