Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Pre-registration of .eu

Status
Not open for further replies.

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
2 Euro per Domain is for sure possible if someone bundle it with a webhosting or some other costs. thats nothing new. Some other big registrars are doing this since a long time.
Freddy

nah they are offering this:
"offers to register the domain name and to maintain it on EURid for a whole year for just € 2 + VAT"
"The supply of service includes only and exclusively being able to enter in the automatic system of EURid of the pre-registered domain name and, if one of the selected domains is then actually assigned to the Customer, the maintenance of the .eu domain name to Eurid for 1 (one) year; the Customer will not have at his disposal web space on our servers or other kinds of services, but however he can require the conversion of the pre-registration service to the hosting services provided by "........" according to the terms and the prices found on our portal, "........."it, (http://www.".......".it) in the relative hosting section."
Anyways I will phone them tomorrow to check out.
Btw they are among the first EURid accredited registrars, I dont think they are tricky but..... better to check :)

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep us informed. Would be nice to see what you will find out.
If it is true, it is a very good promo for them.

Freddy

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
Keep us informed. Would be nice to see what you will find out.
If it is true, it is a very good promo for them.
Freddy

Ok I guess I have some news about this:
I ve been talkin by phone almost one hour with the CEO of that Registrar and this is what i got:
the 2 Euro price is correct and is just "To register and to maintain your .EU
for a whole year", no services included, this is to dont charge too much in case the Registrant will not be able to obtain the registration due to the low chance to get good names.
Of course, if the registration process will not go through, the Registrar will credit the amount to the Registrant for any services he will subscribe.
There will be of course a problem about DNS management, the Registrar will apply the regular fees in this case (around 7.80 Euro) so the total for registering, included DNS management will be Euro 9.80.
A good price anyways, better than all i ve seen around.
This Registrar btw is the 2nd or 3rd most important hosting company worldwide....
About being your own EU representative be carefully, I heard EurID will be pretty tight about this issue, I have been suggested to hire an European Lawyer studio, have them reg the names after you made with them an agreement which gives you the full ownership of the domains.
Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand what i meant.

I dont know if I m allowed to post the Registrar name or URL here, please some Mods let me know, I think this could be a nice chance to all DNF members.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was yesterday in the .eu Presentation of Eurid on ICANN Luxembourg.
For all that still want to register Trademarks to get good names, pay attention, Eurid is already aware on the domains that want to grab good names, and they will not allow last second trademarks.
that means that they will publish soon a deadline until when a Trademak has to been registered and approved.

Freddy

click55

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeffreyw said:
Click55 what registrar is this? Can you please PM me the name and the link? Thanks.

PMs sent

I keep recieving PMs from members asking me about the Registrar i mentioned in my previous posts, please some Moderator let me know if I am allowed to post the URL and the name here.
Thanks, regards.

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
I was yesterday in the .eu Presentation of Eurid on ICANN Luxembourg.
For all that still want to register Trademarks to get good names, pay attention, Eurid is already aware on the domains that want to grab good names, and they will not allow last second trademarks.
that means that they will publish soon a deadline until when a Trademak has to been registered and approved.

Freddy

The .eu launch is set to become a joke.

Anyone who is hoping to register their company name, don't be surprised to find that you miss out because some domain speculator or other has registered a trademark on it.

And if you're planning to play fair and take your chances in the landrush, you might as well forget it, there will only be a few scraps left by that stage.

eurid should have set a much earlier deadline after which trademarks would be inadmissable, or at least have made some effort to limit the number of last minute trademark applications.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wohl said:
The .eu launch is set to become a joke.

Anyone who is hoping to register their company name, don't be surprised to find that you miss out because some domain speculator or other has registered a trademark on it.

And if you're planning to play fair and take your chances in the landrush, you might as well forget it, there will only be a few scraps left by that stage.

eurid should have set a much earlier deadline after which trademarks would be inadmissable, or at least have made some effort to limit the number of last minute trademark applications.

wohl, we should not exaggerate.
for sure there are a lot of speculator that registered trademarks of good names or companynames. but there where already before millions of trademarks registered in europe, so what?
you will not register .eu names because company are holding good names as trademarks? sorry for you!
EurID worked a couple of years on the rules, and there was never before a registry that prepared so well a sunrise or a landrush.
We should be all happy to get this great opportunity of .eu names!

Freddy

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, guys,
i'm from greece, can i create a company for example called forums and saw i could get forums.eu?
What is a trademark anyway?
thanks

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
wohl, we should not exaggerate.
for sure there are a lot of speculator that registered trademarks of good names or companynames. but there where already before millions of trademarks registered in europe, so what?
you will not register .eu names because company are holding good names as trademarks? sorry for you!
EurID worked a couple of years on the rules, and there was never before a registry that prepared so well a sunrise or a landrush.
We should be all happy to get this great opportunity of .eu names!

Freddy

indeed many of the best words are already trademarked, and I think it is fair enough that they get the first possibility to register. I have no complaints about that.

But it is difficult to get trademarks on generic words and if there was no cheating going on, many valuable names would certainly survive past the sunrise phase.
In the launch of .us, only a handful of the most valuable names were taken in the sunrise.

However as things stand, I think there will have been many thousands of last-minute trademark applications from people trying to gain an unfair advantage.
Eurid could not have been more helpful to cheats in letting them take the best names. They even spelled out exactly how their rules will work while the possibility to register trademarks remains open.

What was the point of having a 2-phase sunrise, and why is eurid allowing last-minute trademarks, when it's obvious that it's mostly going to be cheats and not legitimate companies who will use this to their advantage.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, an answer(again)
what is a trademark?( id din't get)
if i make an company called "Board" will it be sure i got board.eu in the sunrise period if not other company called so?
thanks

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that probably wouldn't work, you may need to provide some evidence that you have been running a company under that name.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's what i'am telling, create a real company! i can do that and then get the domain?
so if i make an company called "Board" will it be sure i got board.eu in the sunrise period if not other company called so?
and what is what is a trademark?
thanks

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i understood that it would need to be an active and established business, and one that has obviously just been set up to get a domain name would not be eligible.
But why eurid should care about that when they apparently don't care about trademark abuse i'm not sure.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, is sunrise period on?
I see people can apply for sunrise period, this mean that eurid will check ther apllications first? ;(

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
ok, guys,
i'm from greece, can i create a company for example called forums and saw i could get forums.eu?
What is a trademark anyway?
thanks

yes, this would give you the right to reg the domain in sunrise 2!
but I think you will be not allone.
I would check before in the Trademark Databases if someone else perhaps not regged already a trademark for it to get it in sunrise 1.

Freddy

wohl said:
indeed many of the best words are already trademarked, and I think it is fair enough that they get the first possibility to register. I have no complaints about that.

But it is difficult to get trademarks on generic words and if there was no cheating going on, many valuable names would certainly survive past the sunrise phase.
In the launch of .us, only a handful of the most valuable names were taken in the sunrise.

However as things stand, I think there will have been many thousands of last-minute trademark applications from people trying to gain an unfair advantage.
Eurid could not have been more helpful to cheats in letting them take the best names. They even spelled out exactly how their rules will work while the possibility to register trademarks remains open.

What was the point of having a 2-phase sunrise, and why is eurid allowing last-minute trademarks, when it's obvious that it's mostly going to be cheats and not legitimate companies who will use this to their advantage.

it is forbidden to register names in bad faith.
it is forbidden to register names only for the reason that someone else can´t use it.

the final rules are not published!
not everyone can be happy, but every one can register trademarks.
I have some good contacts for that, they explained me how does it works. it is easy.

Freddy

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can check european trademarks at the following address:

http://oami.eu.int/en/default.htm

And if you can read french, there is another good website:

http://www.icimarques.com

cogeek said:
That's what i'am telling, create a real company! i can do that and then get the domain?
so if i make an company called "Board" will it be sure i got board.eu in the sunrise period if not other company called so?
and what is what is a trademark?
thanks

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
Hey, is sunrise period on?
I see people can apply for sunrise period, this mean that eurid will check ther apllications first? ;(

Sunrise period should start in November.
You can apply for it, and the registrar will submit your application to Eurid.
Eurid will contact you to submit your docs.

Freddy

Fredo said:
You can check european trademarks at the following address:

http://oami.eu.int/en/default.htm

And if you can read french, there is another good website:

http://www.icimarques.com

here some more
Germany:
http://www.patente.bmbf.de/de/index.php
Italy:
http://www.agcm.it/
Poland:
http://www.rzecznikpatentowy.org.pl/

Freddy

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Big Question:
Eurid in surnrise perios's is gonna work in a first order first served way, so if a aplly now in a registar for the domain games.eu and someone in the same registar applied too, the registar will send all the applications when ready and then they could check the other people first appliaction, right? How can i be sure that i will give a box of money and then see that another has aplliacted for the same name and he is in front of me in the sunrise period?
yes, this would give you the right to reg the domain in sunrise 2!
but I think you will be not allone.
I would check before in the Trademark Databases if someone else perhaps not regged already a trademark for it to get it in sunrise 1.

Freddy
Is is possible registering trademarks in sunrise 1 too?

Fredo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The registrar should only allow one application per domain name, as for the sunrise periods it doesn't make sense to send 2 applications from 2 different companies at the same time.

As it is on a first come first served basis, one registrar should only send one application as only the first one will be considered (if it is a valid one).

But then you have the competition between the registrars to be the first to submit the application of their clients... As there are a lot of registrars for the .eu (from the 25 european states), you cannot be sure to get your name, except if you are the only one to own a specific trademark.

Freddy might confirm all that :)

cogeek said:
Big Question:
Eurid in surnrise perios's is gonna work in a first order first served way, so if a aplly now in a registar for the domain games.eu and someone in the same registar applied too, the registar will send all the applications when ready and then they could check the other people first appliaction, right? How can i be sure that i will give a box of money and then see that another has aplliacted for the same name and he is in front of me in the sunrise period?

Is is possible registering trademarks in sunrise 1 too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom