Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Premium .TV Names Re-Launched, Domainers Register Thousands of Premium .TV Domains at

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Premium .TV Names Re-Launched, Domainers Register Thousands of Premium .TV Domains at Regfee

NameTalent.com/blog said:
From Enom:

Effective immediately, all available premium .tv names have been re-launched with several exciting changes:

* A drastically reduced price on new premium .tv registrations
* For new .tv premium names registered on or after March 19th the renewal price will be the same as your standard, non-premium .tv domains

It has been a most bizarre last few days for the .TV extension. Earlier this week, news broke about the .TV auction that will be going on at the beginning of April featuring premium .TV domain names that are offered at standard renewal rate. We’re still trying to figure out what kind of reserves to expect.

Today, MUCH stranger things occurred:

11am: I stumbled across a thread at NP titled “Premium .tv domains seem available on other registrars than enom”. I subscribed to the thread quickly and headed out to a work on a car I had to get running today.

1pm: Curious, I checked back and realized several members were actively registering premium .tv domains from the 50k or so premium .tv’s that had not been yet been registered at their $xxx and above annual fees. Premium .tv domains were actively being registered at standard registration fee across several registrars and registrants were accessing the dns almost immediately. I found the premium list and quickly registered a few that appealed to me via Dynadot. I was also seeing the same premiums available at godaddy and namecheap. Let the premium .tv rush begin! Back to the car. grrrr.

3pm: Did some more hunting around for news and domains and found another incredible thread at NP “Hot Offer at Enom”. Here, members revealed that they were informed by Enom of some premium .TV domains becoming available for registration for a short time period today, Mar 18th. Later on I browse the thread and learn that Enom.tv has absolutely no mention of premium.tv pricing.

6:30pm: I verify that the domains I registered are showing my whois information. Feeling hopeful I try to look up a few more premiums to see if I can find another former premium .tv to register, I realize .tv registry is on lockdown. From what I understand some investors were picking up ‘boatloads’ of them.

10 pm: Enom unveils New Premium Pricing (see announcement above in blue)

Certainly an interesting day! It seems that those who were tuned into .TV today scored some really awesome domains in some kind of promo or maybe a ‘thank you’ to the .tv domainers that really keep this extension in the public eye. Stunned, that is the feeling of many .tv domainers that cannot believe the opportunity they *may have just been handed. I say maybecause I know nothing is ever 100% and registrars are protected by a 30 day window to reclaim any registered domain. I actually thought premium pricing was gone but Enom proved just minutes ago with their announcement that they have just re-launched it with more affordable premiums.

Source

Last edited:

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nobody at dnf talking about this .Tv stuff..

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed that's funny. I assume few DNFers are into .tv or prefer to keep quiet for the time being.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the twist (scam): They allow you to register the premium name at street pricing, and then they send you the "whoops we screwed up" bullshit email as below, demanding you pay the "remaining balance" or have your name deleted.

Who runs these companies? Talk about destroying more goodwill. Why would any self-respecting domainer ever put up with this sort of trickery?

"Dear Customer,

It has come to our attention this morning that your .TV premium name registration processed on Saturday, March 20th, were billed at the incorrect premium name price. We apologize for this error. In an effort to address this mistake, we are offering you an additional discount off the original list price. Please review our offer below:

LoginID: xxxxxx

Domain Name
List Price $690.00
You Paid $49.95
New eNom Offer $586.50
Remaining Balance $536.55
xxxxx.tv

If you accept our offer, please respond to this email with your approval and authorization to charge your credit card the remaining balance of the premium domain name price.

If you do not accept our offer, no action is required as the name will be deleted on Tuesday, March 30th.

Please make sure you notify us before Tuesday, March 30th if you intend to keep the name and pay the remaining balance.

We appreciate your business and apologize again for this inconvenience.

Regards,

.TV Premium Name Support
eNom.com
[email protected]"

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, looking over at namepros it seems every domain registered through dynadot got this email. what a mess.

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe this helps members understand a bit…

There was a short time period on Mar 18th (daytime) where premium .tv domains were open for registration at standard rate. Some premium .tvs were still being held back, however MANY were registered successfully. Call this the ‘goldrush’ period. It appears all of these names WILL be able to be kept by registrants. I registered some during this period.. they are still in my dynadot account, I have control of the dns and have not had any funny emails from dynadot concerning these domains.

After the goldrush period ended .tv went on lockdown.. Within an hour or so new .tv pricing was unveiled. This is when the ‘landrush’ occurred. Many domainers bought premium .tv domains at the new premium price (much cheaper but still $xxx) at enom. While the news was just leaking about the premium reg craze, domainers late to the game desperately tried to register premium .tvs at dynadot and name.. some were registered and those names will likely be lost as THAT was the glitch. Dynadot and Name.com were not prepared to issue .tv domains at the new premium price. The domains that were registered there during the ‘landrush’ have either been removed from peoples accounts or customers have been billed the difference of what they paid for the registration from the total from the new premium price.

I think about 90% of domainers are confused still about what exactly is going on.. to me the picture seems pretty clear now.

Last edited:

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the twist (scam): They allow you to register the premium name at street pricing, and then they send you the "whoops we screwed up" bullshit email as below, demanding you pay the "remaining balance" or have your name deleted.

Incredible. Thanks for sharing.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had registered some good one but also received that funny email. What should we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom