Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Problems with Dynadot payment system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chants

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont know whether this post is premature since I have emailed Dynadot to resolve the problem - but having not heard from them yet and since I need the issue resolved asap , I have decided to ask for help. The problem is that I made three payments for domains registered with Dynadot with paypal and in each case my credit card was debited but the registration did not take place. The first two transactions were with the same card ( via Paypal ) Then I used my other paypal account to check that it was not a case of phishing - but the same thing happened. Dynadot is convinced that it is a problem with Paypal - but this is why I am not convinced that it could only be a problem with paypal: after making these payments ( which debited my account without delivering the domains ) I made another payment with the same Paypal account for a different service and I had no problems with this payment. The , since just to make double sure I bought a domain with only my credit card ( a different credit card to the first two and I received an email that my credit card could not be accepted ( this was for a Dynadot payment ) In this case my credit card was not debited. Then an hour later I bought the same domains from moniker with the same credit card and there was no problem with the transaction. Logically , while Paypal might have something to do with it as well in the final analysis , it seems clear to me that the main problem is with Dynadot since it did not accept either methods of payment which were accepted by other services. My problem is that I have over a thousand domains invested with Dynadot and I cant use their payment system to renew the ones I want to renew. Though Im not sure how transferral works in terms of payment - if I have to use the Dynadot payment system to transfer my domains I cant even do this. This is quite critical for me since I have submitted some domains to the TRAFFIC auction which takes place soon. Added to which some valuable domains in my portfolio need to be renewed soon. Again , without being premature in my asessment , I found the tone of the first email I received from Dynadot ( informing me it was a paypal problem ) quite dismissive and not appropraite considering I have invested thousands of dollars worth of domains with them. My query is this , should they be unwilling to solve the problem is there a governing body which checks the activities of ICANN registrars to which I can appeal to resolve my problem. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom