Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ProTrada.com Am I the only one having huge problems with the site???

Status
Not open for further replies.

topfetch

ShaiNeubauer.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had an account with Protrada since day 1 of them opening up shop. I like to be able to do namejet, snapnames and pool searches all on one site for a reasonable monthly fee.

The problem I have and I am looking to see if there are any other who can share the same experience is that the site itself is the most poorly created site out there.

I have to repeatedly log in and log out and the screen freezes and gives me no results over and over. I am not a newbie to the internet I have been around since the 90's and have never in my life experienced such a problem. I have had to cancel my account several times because of this and was repeatedly told they would upgrade there servers and things would get better.

I just started using them again this week and things seem to be worse than ever. I sent them an email about it and got a response not even remotely close to what I asked. I then spoke to a chat representative who told me he could not help me and that the site itself is showing no problems and that people are bidding and he could do nothing for me but send it to a programmer to look at. He also told me the site is not built for IE but I am using firefox and I have even tried the site on 5 different computers and I am getting the same problem.

Anyone out there have similar problems with them? Please share.

Domain Summit 2024

Troy Rushton

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Top Fetch

We've made lots of improvements into protrada, & tried to simplify things, we've had a lot of good feedback about the changes, so its very disappointing to read this with regards to the system & what appears to be a lack of support our end. I take responsibility and have already raised with my US support team. Nonetheless, we want to get your issues resolved asap. I will PM you, to get your details & then we can get to the bottom of it.

I'll do the same with you @bargaindomains, if that's ok.

thanks my best

topfetch

ShaiNeubauer.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Troy. PMing you now

topfetch

ShaiNeubauer.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Troy I will actually do this in public because I want to know if there is anyone else experiencing these same problems. Please check in with Chad and check the very long chat thread we had last night. I am so dissapointed you have no idea. I am trying to do something so simple yet your site does not alow it and makes it a complete nightmare. On top of that any time I spoke with your customer service Reps there most used response is "we dont see any problems on the site all we see is people making bids and we have no one else making these claims you are making" basically saying I am making this all up. I have been a paying customer since day one and would love to remain a paying customer for life.

Maybe it is a cookies problem like Chad mentioned as well but Troy I have used over 10 separate computers over the last 1-2 years and every single one has given me the same problem. I mainly use Firefox. For the first time yesterday Chad told me the site was not created for IE and shouldnt be used on that.

I hope you can get to the bottom of my problem Troy. When I first signed up and had problems I was told it was a server problem and that would be handled. Now 1-2 years later and I think its even worse.

To be clear here are just some of my problems:

When logging in and going to domain exchange none of the names come up. If they do come up and I try to search by value by the time I get to the second page my screen either freezes or screen goes completely white and empty or wont allow me to see more names.

Site works very very slow almost 50% of the time. I am not able to search through names this way. I feel like its 1999 all over again with my AOL dialup when im on your site.

A lot of the filters will not work properly. I wont be able to click or even if I do nothing happens.

When I try to log out and log back in it will not allow me to log in and just takes me to the login page again.

These are just the easy things I have yet to even try hooking up my namejet, snapnames accounts.

bargaindomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey @topfetch,
I'm experiencing some of the same issue's and you've mention in particular,

When I try to log out and log back in it will not allow me to log in and just takes me to the login page again.

I could be working on something between tabs in protrada site and it throws me back to login screen.

I recommend using jing by techsmith (free app) to record (screen capture) the issue's and send them to support.

I've already sent Troy and support screen captures of the login/logout issue I've been experiencing.

I have yet to even try hooking up my namejet, snapnames accounts.

I managed to hook up godaddy, enom, afternic over the weekend but had the logout issue every time I added an account.

I'm looking forward to getting going with Protrada in 2013.

topfetch

ShaiNeubauer.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got the email from Sharon this AM. The main problem I have is not the login problem its that I am not able to browse the names in any of the sections such as Pre-Auction, etc. She said the problem with the login may be with amazaon cloud servers.

I really hope you get to the bottom of this. I cannot fathom how a company can charge people on a monthly basis for something I cannot even use.

Optimo

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Troy, I got an invite to go to the Protrada hangout starting at 6pm. I got there early, saw the countdown clock and then went over to YouTube and watched a Protrada pitch video. On going back to the hangout event, which I thought was live - it sure seemed to be the exact pitch shown on YouTube. I opened several windows and each window started the pitch at the beginning - one would think that on dropping into a live event the windows would sync.
My questions Troy are these - Was the event live or taped? Was I missing something? I clicked the links I got in the email. Saw the countdown clock. Was the pitch that played the same one as is shown on YouTube? We had rushed home early from work to participate - I expected something interactive - was there interactivity?
Best, Optimo
Notes: Our email invite was dated 12/6/2012 "We will be live at 6:00pm PST, 9:00pm EST" , "***Where We Will Hangout***
https://www.protrada.com/hangout/Protrada101

Last edited:

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I spent so much time logging back in, and getting kicked out, and lagging time, I missed a few auctions I was watching, this is actually costing me money, and time. If this isn't fixed in next few days, I will be forced to cancel, and ask for a refund. The system is having some serious server load issues.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same here...disappointing to say the least...I left work early to watch.

Hi Troy, I got an invite to go to the Protrada hangout starting at 6pm. I got there early, saw the countdown clock and then went over to YouTube and watched a Protrada pitch video. On going back to the hangout event, which I thought was live - it sure seemed to be the exact pitch shown on YouTube. I opened several windows and each window started the pitch at the beginning - one would think that on dropping into a live event the windows would sync.
My questions Troy are these - Was the event live or taped? Was I missing something? I clicked the links I got in the email. Saw the countdown clock. Was the pitch that played the same one as is shown on YouTube? We had rushed home early from work to participate - I expected something interactive - was there interactivity?
Best, Optimo
Notes: Our email invite was dated 12/6/2012 "We will be live at 6:00pm PST, 9:00pm EST" , "***Where We Will Hangout***

topfetch

ShaiNeubauer.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Troy there are still no answers to your server issues. Today again I am trying to do a very SIMPLE search for names and it will NOT allow me to do so. Airmax seems to be having the same issue so i know its not just me.

When will we get answers? Its not like this just crept up now this has been on ongoing issue since day one.

Thank you @bargaindomains, email received and sent to Sharon in our support, who will follow up in the AM. I'll check in on Monday to ensure things are ok,
talk soon

T

Team Protrada

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
We appreciate that you have been sending feedback through here, however, we do not monitor DNForum regularly for this purpose.
We do operate a full support desk that you can reach by emailing us at [email protected] or on LiveChat Mon-Fri, between the hours of 9am-8pm PST.

We always welcome and appreciate any feedback our members can provide, and will be happy to hear from you through our support desk and assist with resolving any issues.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

Troy Rushton

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best, Optimo

Hey Optimo

thanks for trying to watch the webinar, as you have correctly pointed out, the hangout happened LIVE last week 6th December, 2012. The video you now see on the page protrada.com/hangout/protrada101 is a replay of the LIVE event, it has been placed there for all of the people who could not attend the event LIVE. It was recorded LIVE in Google hangout, which then broadcasts the recorded event as a video in youtube.

Apologies if there is any confusion.

Last edited:

Troy Rushton

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I spent so much time logging back in, and getting kicked out, and lagging time, I missed a few auctions I was watching, this is actually costing me money, and time. If this isn't fixed in next few days, I will be forced to cancel, and ask for a refund. The system is having some serious server load issues.

Hey Airmax

We are as frustrated as you are, the session issues appear to be related to either MEMCACHE or LOAD balancers, we are working closely with the AMAZON (AWS) cloud support team to resolve, but despite a number of fixes, we continue to experience some intermittent issues. We are genuinely apologetic and will continue to resolve the matter at the earliest possible opportunity, we have 2 dedicated developers working on it as i write this reply.

Once the issue is resolved, we will make contact with users who have been affected by this issue to inform them how we intend to compensate for the inconvenience.

thank you for your continued patience

my best

Troy Rushton

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Troy there are still no answers to your server issues. Today again I am trying to do a very SIMPLE search for names and it will NOT allow me to do so. Airmax seems to be having the same issue so i know its not just me.

When will we get answers? Its not like this just crept up now this has been on ongoing issue since day one.

Hey topfetch

We recognise the issues and have a dedicated team trying to resolve the matter urgently. Our support team has been in regular (almost daily) contact with you over recent days to provide updates, but unfortunately, the simple answer right now, is that we have not yet pinpointed this issue to enable a solution. Whilst you may feel that this issue has been evident for some time, let me assure you that this is a new issue, which arose last week. Protrada's mission is to offer a simplified & aggregated process to aftermarket domain trading, however, it has been significantly more complicated than anticipated as we are dealing with a number of variables beyond our control including 3rd party marketplaces, many of whom do not have sufficient API's to faciliate our buying and selling requirements. This has resulted in the development of a significant number of "workarounds", which do introduce technical risk and may cause intermittent issues. However, our commitment is to continue to work toward delivering a world class product and service to our members.

The good news is that our partners, including Go Daddy, Namejet and Snapnames, continue to invest in technologies to support services like Protrada, so that we can be more effective. The exciting news, is that we are building very positive momentum and getting results, for example, our bid sniper has saved our members more than $150,000 since July in auctions. The path has been challenging but worthy of our continued investment and we hope that you will continue to be a part of it. Our support team will be reaching out shortly, to do a step by step share screen with you to see if we can resolve your search query for today, as I suspect it's all related to the same issue.

my best

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Chef Gordon Ramsay said it best,... All feedback is good feedback, even when it hurts. Bad feedback you can use to improve.

No feedback should be scary for any business owner.

That said, I only used Protrada when there was a free special here at DNF.

ockert

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are not the only one experiencing problems... I`m not a newbie at this, and I am having all kinds of problems - specifically with the auction bidding and their support (some times) not getting back to me. I am paying for their service, so I would expect something better.

Team Protrada

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are not the only one experiencing problems... I`m not a newbie at this, and I am having all kinds of problems - specifically with the auction bidding and their support (some times) not getting back to me. I am paying for their service, so I would expect something better.

Hello ockert,

We have been working with you on the issues you are experiencing, they are all coming from the same root cause as the issues experienced by topfetch. We will continue to work with you and our developers as we mentioned until the main issue is resolved.

We appreciate the understanding and patience of our members as we work diligently to correct the problem.

Thank you,
Team Protrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom