Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
NDD Camp 2024

publisher / affiliate software needed like cj.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know an out of the box package of software that will allow for the similar setup of publishers and affiliates like cj.com or bigblue.com?

I have been using leadhound software but the support stinks.

any help is appreaciated.

Thanks
-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem with both of those are hosted by them and they won't let us host it, so it's kinda like renting it.

-=DCG=-

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you want something on the scale of your own CJ I'd think that a box solution is probably not the route. I'd think it'd be wiser to invest in having your own created through elance or rentacoder or some site like that.

5starAffiliates

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis,

So sorry, missed your post. If you want to launch a NETWORK app like CJ so multiple merchant programs can be set up, the way to go is with DirectTrack's network version.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
The problem with both of those are hosted by them and they won't let us host it, so it's kinda like renting it. -=DCG=-

Agree, who wants to host it when you have your own dedicated server as I do too. Right, it's similar to renting it rather than owning it.

Several yrs ago I purchased a good affiliate program (myaffiliateprogram) from Kowabunga Technologies, stand-alone, 1-time fee, no monthly cost, runs on my computer. A good deal for me at the time. After a while they realized the real money was in requiring it run on their computer and a monthly or yrly fee be paid to so they stopped selling the old program.

Alledgedly to make up for the old programs less revenue and try to get everyone to upgrade they stopped supporting it unless you paid $195-hour for support per incident, with no limit on the time charged and requiring a form agreeing no refunds of the support or chargebacks, and also open-ended support fee per hr with no limits on your credit card. That sure sucks big time! I refused to pay and the program then stopped working and I lost the money buying it in the first place. Since then I have had no affiliate program as could not find a good one without requiring you to get married to the firm, which is the goal of the affiliate programs I have looked at, run on their server, pay lots of $ for support, and an excessive monthly fee forever, which sucks.

P.S. That very high hrly fee for support/programming had a 1-hr minimum fee (even if the issue took 5-minutes to resolve), and open-ended signed form agreeing they could charge you for as many hrs as they pleased, be it 1 hr or many hrs. Since the fee was mostly incurred off-the-phone and offline by them (for alleged programming work) you had no way of tracking if the support hrs and time was truly spent or not. That sucks more than most anything I have ever seen on the-web.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Momentum said:
http://myaffiliateprogram.com/ and http://directtrack.com/ Are the two most commonly used affiliate tracking and management services available.

The program itself may be 'good' but myaffiliateprogram's policies, service, high pricing for extras, ongoing fees, support people, and support policies suck big time, IMO, speaking from lots of bitter experience with KowaBunga Technologies. Perhaps my most disliked web-firm.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After searching forvere and trying over 50 programs that stunk I found one that was good.

It's pricey but is by far the bets out there http://www.partnersmanager.com/products.htm

You can see it running on that site and see the demos.

-=DCG=-

5starAffiliates

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod,

Hey, thanks for that one. Since I'm an affiliate management consultant I thought I knew them all but have never ever even heard of this one. I will have to check it out.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Netwprowler,

Its also works very well.

I have it setup on extremerevenue.com

-=DCG=-

5starAffiliates

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whoa - I had not tried the demo when I posted before - but it's so much like CJ it's scary!!!

www.extremerevenue.com is a beautiful site. Didn't realize you had your own network.

My partner and I are launching a new network this summer too. But we have already committed to using DirectTrack since most of our customers are already on that platform. Plus as much exposure as I get in all the articles I write and all the affiliate forums I mod - CJ keeps their eye on my partner and I. I am sure if we used this software it would cause a lawsuit because CJ would think it was too much a copy of their interface or something.

I'll get her to take a look though. Our other company is PartnerCentric, so it would be a pretty nice match, namewise. Oh God, CJ would kill us! They get upset as it is when we put clients on DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators