Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Purchased domain with barter - so far, screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert Tai

Downloading More Ram!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wondering..join date-June 2008?
Why do you keep saying you searched and found this forum and jioned a month ago.
Also that sucks for a guy to steal your stuff..i understand...how it feels....stupid **** stole one of my sites also which I developed in exchange for a domain. I feel your pain.

Register for the auction

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Barter to me is face-to-face relationships and dealings.

My neighbors and I have a barter system going on where we plant different crops on our plots and share the bounty so there is plenty to go around and no one is duplicating the effort of others.

Plus, being at the intersection of two busy highways, folks always stop and want growing tips, some help turning their gardens, best crop suggestions, or just to say how much nicer the intersections look since we reclaimed thickets.

This kind of bartering builds relationship and community spirit.

I am not sure why people want to entrust something like massive amounts of time, skill and talent over the internet.

It just baffles me to no end.

No, don't want to hear about trust because for every one trust story that worked out there will be 1000 that does not.

This is not a church and this surely ain't the choir of angels as members.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been looking for a forum or someplace where he is - found this a month ago and just decided to pay the $20 to get heard. I've tried being the nice guy - phone calls, emails - now it's hard ball, I guess. Any advice other than knock on his door? We have hosting control - but not domain. He "allows" us to use the domain obviously, but we need to changed hosts - now and I'm handcuffed.

there is no other advice.if you want the domain that bad pay him a personal visit.or subpoena him to court.you have his info.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya - it's time for lawyers I guess...
to be honest, one is going to have to consider just how serious you are about pursuing this and exactly how much damage has been done.

First you post you've been looking for him for nearly two years, tell this long story about all the harm and damage done.

And then, almost a year later you come back to say,"its time for lawyers I guess..."

I am not an attorney but with such a "casual" or "oh, well" effort of pursuing him, I certainly hope you are not expecting compensation or damages. One would have to wonder why, if it was so important to you, have you waited so long to pursue it?

It just doesn't look good on your part.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good bump, see two people not to deal with.

rhubarb_media

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've gotten nowhere here - other than shine some light on a scammer/thief and to irritate Kevin a bit - wondering - does anyone know of other forums Kevin Farrell is a part of - I plan to keep the pressure on until I get the domain back or payment for the work done. John - If you'd like to take this case - give me a call 705-309-2423 I haven't been aloof on this - been persuing him since the time he ran off with the domain. Never asked for damages - just payment for the work done or the domain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom