Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Purchasing a registered but ID protected domain.

jbk

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I would like to purchase a domain name which is unused but already registered and is listed for sale on sedo.com for a figure of $2,250. The registrar is listed as; 'Enom, Inc', registrant organisation is 'buydomans.com'. Incidentally when i go onto enom.com the price of the domain increases to $2,600.

a) I don't particularly trust that clicking the 'buy now' button on sedo will not end up in some additional fees and and the price somehow being raised.
b) Sedo are an intermediary thus the price I have to pay will include their fees and would be nice to go direct to avoid that.
c) These asking prices are overinflated just in case someone with big budget comes along wants it regardless, I would like to put an offer in to try to secure this domain at a much more reasonable price.

Can any of your knowledgable folks advise me as to how best I can go about this potential purchase to get as direct as possible and as best value as is possible, when direct owners details are not made explicit via a whois search (only contacts listed are above, ie enom and buydomains).

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call BuyDomains and make them an offer. It's been my experience, that they may be willing to negotiate on price. You have to be prepared that they may raise the price too though, after interest is shown.

jbk

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the problem isn't it, the broker might raise the price further just because they feel like it!!

So that I understand the ownership chain, is it as below;

'Hidden ID Direct owner' > 'hosted and likely bought through Enom' > 'Listed for sale on Buydomains.com who also have it listed on a whole reseller network which includes Sedo'. Is this how the chain would look?

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators