• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed QPeP(dot)com - offer received - need appraisal

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metrisoft

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]I received an offer for QPeP(dot)com of $300. I countered with $400 but I'm thinking maybe I should have gone higher. QPeP(dot)com is a pronounceable LLLL.com. What do you think?[/FONT]
 
I am subscribing to this thread, interested the answers. I have a similar name Qmph.com

I call it "Q" on speed...lol! actually just turned it into a flash game site, figure worth more developed instead of parked.

So what do you guys think, how much is [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]QPeP.com worth? I know I haven't had any $300 offers for Qmph.com, always much less and I tell them to beat it.

Just assume to sit on it for a bit longer, I see uglier LLLL.com's sell for much more than $300.00

Again Qpep.com is a catchy 4 letter almost vanity name, possibly a "No-Doze" type supplement or something, maybe an energy drink...lol!

Whats is the verdict gang, is Qpep.com worth more then $300
[/FONT]
 
300-450, no more IMHO.
 
I think it's a good offer, I don't see it really pronounceable... at least not in my language.
 
I think it's a good offer, I don't see it really pronounceable... at least not in my language.

When i read this domain name as if it were 2 words "Q" "Pep"

I think of a great branding name for penis pills, IQ pills, energy pills, health supplement, vitamin website!


Advice, keep the domain name. Develop it into one of these niches, build hooks in search engine, do your own ecommerce, or just push the leads to supplement affiliates of some sort with adsense.

Make this a developed site with traffic and your $xxx LLLL domain value will sky rocket in value for flip.
 
When i read this domain name as if it were 2 words "Q" "Pep"

I think of a great branding name for penis pills, IQ pills, energy pills, health supplement, vitamin website!

potentially all LLLL.com pronounceable or semi-pronounceable are brandable. That's why I love the LLLL niche :)

Advice, keep the domain name. Develop it into one of these niches, build hooks in search engine, do your own ecommerce, or just push the leads to supplement affiliates of some sort with adsense.

Make this a developed site with traffic and your $xxx LLLL domain value will sky rocket in value for flip.

That's true for all domains in general imho

I still think that 300$-400$ is a good offer in the current market value
 
I still think that 300$-400$ is a good offer in the current market value


I agree if you don't have an end user buyer with a purpose, that is more than offers I have had for Qmph.com
 
Thanks for all of the thoughtful feedback. I'm really struggling with this one. So far the potential buyer has not responded to my counter offer of $400. But, even my wife (who doesn't even know what a domain name is) responded that QPeP(dot)com is "a good one."

Do I push for a sale between $300 and $400 or should I wait and work on branding it as tldrental mentioned? It's a catchy name; I'd argue that it is much catchier and easier to pronounce than Qmph, even though Qmph has more keyword meaning....
 
Last edited:
Try to do some research on the buyer and find out why they want the domain. If its a company you can most times get more.

This could be them, http://www.qpep.net/

For a 4 letter domain you based on who it is you can get between $500-$5000.

I would sell it minimum $500.
 
Difficult to say. 'qpep' means nothing for me from the first sight but i.e. if QuantiMetrics wants to buy it than it means really sth :) A risk is that you counteroffer x,xxx$ and you'll stay with this name forever :(
 
I think the buyer does represent qpep.net but he is being very stingy :( Should I just wait for him to respond to my counter (it's been almost 2 days) or should I be more proactive? I don't want to sound desperate because in fact, I'm not. This is a good domain and it is bound to go up in value....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom