Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question about Buydomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they are buying only droped domains? or they buy also from resellers?

Taz

Domain summit 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by taz
they are buying only droped domains? or they buy also from resellers?

Taz

I think only dropping names!

taz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I asked becouse sometimes they pay so much for a domain at pool and decent names were sold for nothing here ore on other forums....

Taz

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But what if BD bid up a name @ namewinner to $5k & someone gets it with snap (yeah, right)... will they also pay them $5k for the name? Or is it just the drop places they pay this money to?

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BuyDomains has posted here in the past looking to buy names of resellers, but they only do so on very good names at the kind of rates you could probably get from someone else for them fairly easily, from my limited experience with them.

Rumor has it that they get % off deals with drop places for being frequent customers, so if they bid 5K they may not be paying that at all. That'd explain why they don't pay normal sellers amounts like that. Plus, with a list of names like they have, they don't really need to try to track down individuals.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedropper
BuyDomains has posted here in the past looking to buy names of resellers

Really?

I have never heard anyone here say that before.:huh:

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
me too Steen, must be at the beginning of dnforum. :)

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steen
I have never heard anyone here say that before.:huh:

Let me see... it was around Dec. 2002 or Jan. or Feb. 2003 sometime. Because he said he wasn't here often and he'd give it a try, and asked for lists to be emailed, when I was making my list and browsing their site to see how much they sell similar names I was surprised to discover one that I owned listed... They had let it drop (not sure if it was accidental or on purpose) and I got it with a snap. And he said that their listing system is automatic and would detect that they no longer had the name and remove it shortly. The name comes up for renewal this December for the first time. (And I already had a couple offers that would have been a fast turnover 100% profit, but I kind of like it and am holding for more. So it certainly would have been worth it to them to renew and sell if they cared to.)

(The list was like 50 names, and they were only interested in two names off of it, which is strange considering some of the very questionable ones they have. And they wanted to pay low four digits for mythology.com, which I will make up just in ads in not too long here, and something else low for another name I have already turned down offers for significantly more on, can't remember which name though.)

If I remember correctly, the guy got into a big argument with someone and vowed never to come back.

If you really think it's worth your time you could try tracking down a contact address and email them to see if they'd consider your names.

taz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks NameDropper.....very interesting.

Taz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators