• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Question about Domain Catchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainstrike

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
187
Reaction score
1
Ive got a few questions about domain catchers like snapnames and godaddy. There are a few names set to expire today, for example, and godaddy doesn't have the option to backorder for some reason... does that mean that its already taken or something, because WHOIS stills says that they are pending delete. Also, for godaddys backorder you have to pay ahead of time, and cannot get a refund right? But for snapnames, supposedly they don't charge your credit card until after, how does this work? So basically snapnames is no risk, since you only pay if you win, and can cancel at any time? Would love some clarification... thanks in advance
 
it's always best to read the info provided on the actually site, rather than get second-hand info.

but, for godaddy, if it's already backordered there, then you cannot backorder it.

at snapnames, you only pay, when you win the auction for that domain.
you can delete a name from your list at any time, unless it has been caught by snap.
 
But today, for example, I backordered 3 domains on Snapnames.com that are set to expire today. In the account status it says that they are backordered, but under "Domain Status", it says "releases on N/A"... shouldn't they know the date that it drops (today). How should I interpret this? Does it mean that I backordered it too late maybe? Thanks
 
domainstrike said:
But today, for example, I backordered 3 domains on Snapnames.com that are set to expire today. In the account status it says that they are backordered, but under "Domain Status", it says "releases on N/A"... shouldn't they know the date that it drops (today). How should I interpret this? Does it mean that I backordered it too late maybe? Thanks



the domain may have been renewed.
 
ugh : (..... thanks

Oh yea, Ive got one more question if you dont mind.... I know that there are these huge lists of expiring domains for each day...... Does EVERY SINGLE expiring/dropping domain make it on these lists? Or do some drop secretly, and not make the list? I mean, if everyone can see every single domain thats dropping... it kind of makes it impossible to get anything better than an OK name, right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom