Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

question about OVT w/o ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry I am somewhat new to this. Lets say a search term of 3 words has 6000 ovt w/o ext, but no results w/ext, how likely is the exact .com of that search term to recieve traffic?

Take for example FreeWebDesign.com. "Free Web Design" has 6000 OVT w/o ext. If I had this domain, would the 6000 OVT w/o ext benefit me in any way even though the term has few results w/ext.

Does having the exact search term as a dot com help with search engine placement or anything along those lines?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated as I am considering the purchase of a similar domain. Thanks.

Domain Summit 2024

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many modern browsers take the user to the .com when they type keywords in the address bar (typed with no spaces). This is one benefit.
Generally speaking, the answer to your question, is yes, 6000 ove w/ no ext. will bring you say between several dozen to a few dozen typeins monthly.
As time passes you'll get the feel for it.
6000 overture, you cant go wrong. Thats enough of a following to pay for the domain many times over if planned properly.
PM me your URL and maybe we can trade links. I do have many sites, maybe one similar...

Good luck and see you around the forums.
MH

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Free web design (no ext) using quotes in Google (not OV) has 430,000 returns and should get some traffic as the search terms are good and 430,000 is also considered a good number, but could not guess at how much traffic.

Not sure what correlation there is between G and OV numbers.

P.S. The only way I feel confortable guessing traffic is by using the ext in Overture Suggestion Tool, which has no results in this case. I have some names which have more than 1 million w/out ext in G and get basically no traffic.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive never quite understood the overture thingy, or the Alexa thingy in regards to sites :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom