Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Question from someone new to domain reselling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi, I offer website hosting and as a convenience to my customers would like to offer them a way to register their domain names and have the name server info already filled out. I'm not really interested in sellng domain names, I just want to make sure they get the name server info correct.

Is there way I can set this up without having to pay money to join somebody's reseller program?

Thanks.

Sharon

You could always register the domains on behalf of your customers - and enter the nameserver information yourself.

We have several hundred hosting companies that do that with us on a regular basis. These guys are not interested in being domain resellers, and are simply interested in a reliable domain registration service.

Some of these companies keep administrative control of the domain names, and some pass this on to the customers - it's entirely up to your business model.

-t

I'm a firm believer in grabbing a domain name as soon as you see it's available. If they find a domain name they like and it's available, I want them to be able to buy it on the spot.

But I guess if I want that, I'll have to sign up as a reseller with godaddy.com or enom.com. Are there any others? Preferably where I don't have to pay to get started? I don't understand why it has to cost me money to send them new business. Maybe somone can enlighten me?

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators