• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Question on a Whois of a name..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
1
I have a snap on a name. I went to 2 different whois sites....Opensrs.org and NetSol.com:

NetSol showed this :

Domain Name: ########.COM

Record updated on 2002-04-28 20:13:36
Record created on 2000-05-01
Record expires on 2003-05-01
Database last updated on 2003-05-04 18:49:38 EST

It shows no status on it.

OpenSRS showed this :

Domain Name: #######.COM
Registrar: BULKREGISTER.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.bulkregister.com
Referral URL: http://www.bulkregister.com
Name Server: #######.COM
Name Server: #######.COM
Status: ACTIVE
Updated Date: 02-may-2003
Creation Date: 01-may-2000
Expiration Date: 01-may-2004


And the funny thing is that SnapNames emailed me an alert saying it has expired???

Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks
 
The domain expired, and the registrar added a year. Snap is right, and BulkRegister is right.

The other WHOIS could have been done minutes or hours earlier, or something with that system is slow / not real time like the other.
 
Status: ACTIVE

take the snap off
 
Keep the snap until the registrar's whois says otherwise.
I had a case just like this today where the status went to registrar-hold.
 
Well, I'm back to square one on what I should do...:D

I'll leave it on it for a little longer....thanks for all the help guys...

If anyone else has comments...please post them..;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom