Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Question -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will be on hold for 35-40 days. The owner has the option to renew at the regular rate during that period. It will then go into "redemption period" for an additional 30 days. The owner still has the option to renew, but at a much higher rate. Dotster for instance charge $99 to renew during redemption. After redemption it will go into "pending delete" for 6 days and should drop on Day 6. The owner cannot renew during pending delete cycle.

A few things that might help you assess the status of the domain.

When did it go on hold. You can tell that by looking at the "Updated Date" in the Whois. If it went on hold recently, do you know if it was an active site. If it was the owner may not even be aware it has gone on hold until the first time he logs on to the site.

Is it owned by a domain speculator/trader/developer? Many will wait to renew domains towards the end of the Hold cycle as it is a cost effective way to manage a no active portfolio.

Was it a popular domain with links/traffic. If it was. it has a greater chance of being renewed. Check it in for links at Marketleap.com and traffic at alexa.com.

Check to see if there is a snap on it already(assuming you did already and it's available) Chances are if there is, it's going to cost you a bit to try and get it on pool or namewinner.

Cheers

Sharpy

LeadTransfer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your very detailed response, it was very much appreciated. I now have another issue. When I do a whois on two domains, one being the nameserver of the domain I want to get and the other being the name I want, I end up getting responses that I DO NOT understand....

#1 name server of the name I want:

Updated Date: 12-feb-2004
Creation Date: 23-jun-1995
Expiration Date: 22-jun-2011

=============================

#2 .com/.net name that I want says this:

Updated Date: 25-feb-2004
Creation Date: 27-dec-1996
Expiration Date: 26-dec-2004

I have them both snapped but is it worth it? Why would it be on registrar lock if they are registered till 2011 or the end of 2004?

Thanks in advanced

LeadTransfer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LeadTransfer said:
Thanks for your very detailed response, it was very much appreciated. I now have another issue. When I do a whois on two domains, one being the nameserver of the domain I want to get and the other being the name I want, I end up getting responses that I DO NOT understand....

#1 name server of the name I want:

Updated Date: 12-feb-2004
Creation Date: 23-jun-1995
Expiration Date: 22-jun-2011

=============================

#2 .com/.net name that I want says this:

Updated Date: 25-feb-2004
Creation Date: 27-dec-1996
Expiration Date: 26-dec-2004

I have them both snapped but is it worth it? Why would it be on registrar lock if they are registered till 2011 or the end of 2004?

Thanks in advanced

I also just noticed that I origionally put Registrar Hold when it was Registrar Lock.. I am sorry.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
REGISTRAR-LOCK is a function that prevents the domain from transfer to another registrar.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
#1 you have to renew your snapback to 2011 and the owner will most likely to renew the domain.

#2 you might have the chance, but giving us those information is not enough to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom