Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

R.I.P SnapNames

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw a lot landed by snap yesterday.
oh yeah and they were for ult search

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even though I've already replied to this thread, I thought I would again. Snapnames this past week has caught me 0-4. They missed out on one that I really was hoping to get. I had the snapback for almost a year...doh!

RMF

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RMF...what was it?

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have caught 4 out of 19 for me in the last few weeks. And the ones they caught were just above average with limited competition. Come to think of it, even some of the misses were not hotly contested.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man this is getting old. Lost still another limited exchange Snap to Pool, this time on GCU.net which I have been sitting on for 3 months. I'm pretty much resigned to all of my remaining limited exchange Snaps expiring with nothing to show for them. They have been missing every time for a couple of months now so I no longer feel like I even have a chance to get a domain with them. What a difference a couple of months makes in this business. 60 days ago I thought I was buying a fleet of Cadillacs, now when the delivery date rolls around I find out I can't even get delivery on a Hyundai! :cheeky:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke Man this is getting old. Lost still another limited exchange Snap to Pool, this time on GCU.net which I have been sitting on for 3 months. I'm pretty much resigned to all of my remaining limited exchange Snaps expiring with nothing to show for them. They have been missing every time for a couple of months now so I no longer feel like I even have a chance to get a domain with them. What a difference a couple of months makes in this business. 60 days ago I thought I was buying a fleet of Cadillacs, now when the delivery date rolls around I find out I can't even get delivery on a Hyundai! :cheeky:

Same here, even though I am a Snapnames affiliate I have given up on them. Starting several mos ago they went from great to bad almost overnite it seemed. I once thought if I had a Snap I was very likely to get the name, and I did most all the time. Now they lose most all the time, at least 9 of 10 times they are beaten, even lesser known players routinely beat Snaps.

Things are so bad I now have 6 Snap credits on the last 6 names in a row they lost and I consider them so valueless I have not even attempted to reuse them as I know they will keep on losing so don't want to waste much time on them anymore.

What a sad decline :-( to a once fine service. I suspect it may be related to them gearing up for WLS and their partnership with NetSol, so perhaps snapnames simply does not care anymore about doing a good job. Other reasons for their decline too of course, like all the new competition.

Perhaps Duke could ask them about this since he has ran a good and positive article/interview about them in DNJournal not too long ago.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gee. Maybe snapnames owns Pool.com . Wouldn't that be a scam? Snapnames really sucks now. Lets see. They have got me 2 out of twelve since i bought my first snap back in feb. I ask you, what incentive do thay have to try harder since they ALREADY have your/ my money. Answer. None. We are the fools.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexsite, I don't think Snapnames is that shortsided to just let the names pass thru their fingers.

I think they lost a couple cornerstone registrars and they are scrambling to re-coup.

i will continue to use them. But, I won't count the name as caught as in the past.

Two months ago, many of us never thought Pool would be topdog so quickly.

Two months from now. There could be another player. Or, maybe, SnapNames could bounce back.

And, I will continue to buy snaps. Does anyone want to sell some cheap? Instant payment.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to buy Snaps now, whether new or used, you had better buy the unlimited exchange type. That way, you are much less likely to have them evaporate on you. Limited exchange snaps are really worthless. Fortunately for me, I only have a couple of those.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In what is now basically a daily occurrence, Pool beat my Snap again today (TBo_Org). I will have to admit that this sword cuts both ways. Though it is shame to see all of my Snaps basically rendered worthless, I am also routinely grabbing names that other people have Snapped by placing extremely cheap bids elsewhere. For example TorontoCanada.org dropped today. I decided I would like to get it. It had a Snap on it already, but I still got it with an $8.75 bid at Namewinner.

I know others have said Snap is making no attempt to get .orgs (which seems strange because they have caught some great .orgs for me in the past. Also have to wonder why they would keep selling $69 Snaps on .orgs then make no attempt to catch them). However I have been losing everything I have Snaps on - com net and org.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool caught quite a few yesterday that I was chasing elsewhere.

HOGANGOLF.COM
BUYCOSMETICS.COM
CJR.NET
COUGARS.NET
DIRTYGRANNIES.COM
DMSA.COM
DWELLING.NET
EEINC.COM
EMUPARADISE.COM
FLORIDANATURE.COM
GCU.NET
SFBAYAREA.COM
SLAMS.COM

:-(

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Domainut
Pool caught quite a few yesterday that I was chasing elsewhere.

HOGANGOLF.COM
BUYCOSMETICS.COM
CJR.NET
COUGARS.NET
DIRTYGRANNIES.COM
DMSA.COM
DWELLING.NET
EEINC.COM
EMUPARADISE.COM
FLORIDANATURE.COM
GCU.NET
SFBAYAREA.COM
SLAMS.COM

:-(

You would have to remind me about GCU.NET - one of the Snaps I lost to Pool. :)

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Duke. I think this (POOL) changes the entire game. May be time for reevaluate the chances of profitability in this market. How long before SN adapts a new format? It only makes sense for them to do so, if they can legally get away with it.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Duke. I think this (POOL) changes the entire game. May be time for reevaluate the chances of profitability in this market. How long before SN adapts a new format? It only makes sense for them to do so, if they can legally get away with it.

No doubt any chance of profitably goes out the window with a Pool auction. I am in the Pool for TBo_Org but I won't bid what it will end up going for - no way to make any money if I do that. It almost seems like end users have discovered all of these auction services because the winning bids defy logic for resellers.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK - now this is getting downright comical. I already mentioned I beat someone else's Snap to get TorontoCanada.org with an $8 Namewinner bid today.

Well, I just found out that another one of my $8 NW bids beat another Snap today on QualityCare.org. Guess who held the Snap - that's right, me! :-D

Not sure if I should laugh or cry. Got the domain cheap but odds are I won't get anything for the money I paid for the Snap. It's another one now down to its last exchange before being thrown onto the pile of used up limited edition Snaps that all failed (with 4 tries each). I am going to take people's advice and not put any more Snaps on .orgs, though I am not faring any better with coms and nets.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames .......What a sad decline :-( to a once fine service.......

****Perhaps Duke could ask them about this since he has ran a good and positive article/interview about them in DNJournal not too long ago****

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
OK - now this is getting downright comical. I already mentioned I beat someone else's Snap to get TorontoCanada.org with an $8 Namewinner bid today.

Well, I just found out that another one of my $8 NW bids beat another Snap today on QualityCare.org. Guess who held the Snap - that's right, me! :-D

Not sure if I should laugh or cry. Got the domain cheap but odds are I won't get anything for the money I paid for the Snap. It's another one now down to its last exchange before being thrown onto the pile of used up limited edition Snaps that all failed (with 4 tries each). I am going to take people's advice and not put any more Snaps on .orgs, though I am not faring any better with coms and nets.

If you think that sucks, I had the snap on Palestine.org. They made no effort whatsoever.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool

If you think that sucks, I had the snap on Palestine.org. They made no effort whatsoever.

Sorry to hear that Kid. That would have been a sweet catch. Went to $1,000 at NW. Oddly won at Pool for half that $499 (Most names I have been following tend to go for more at Pool than NW).

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pool caught quite a few yesterday that I was chasing elsewhere

BUYCOSMETICS.COM
EMUPARADISE.COM
SFBAYAREA.COM
SLAMS.COM

Those are in my auction list. I am planning on bidding :)

Want me to bid 4 u?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom