Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Radio Controlled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am wondering if anyone is in the RC niche and has had any success. It is a growing market and am thinking about getting involved. Any thoughts?

Domain summit 2024

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggest ones doing it are in PEI - think about it for a minute.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless you go into The Source on Boxing Day and pick up something for $20.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just looking to see if anyone has had any success in the RC market. Yes, there are your $40 RC car, truck, boat, hovercraft, plane, helicopters but there is a huge market in the higher end products. It is not just a rich market with price points all over the board http://www.greathobbies.com/rcaircraft/ and www.RCdepot.ca

Last edited:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the crap you buy from the supermarket. It's a rich persons hobby I would be shocked if it was a growth market.

Doing quite well since over 25 years - and I note Namefox finally found the biggest RC dealer in the country. If anyone needs proof that you can run a business from anywhere - and eventually be active internationally - one must only take a look at East Coast Model, now 'GreatHobbies.com'.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was out with my friend a while ago with his RC jet plane. Lots of enthusiasts.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a hot tip for you then - this will make you a millionaire: The U.S. is looking at banning RC jets since they will soon be under the same rules as drones at the FAA. Someone clever would pick a good spot in Canada near the border and/or near or at an old airstrip or air base and open a place for U.S. model jet enthusiasts to play and compete.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I predict a big accident soon, possibly with a death, that will rock the RC industry.

People here now fly RC jets - yes JETS with real jet engines, and they lose control of them and crash a lot. Imagine getting hit in the face with a 2 pound missile going 80mph.

Then there are the helicopters with cameras attached -- they fly them near crowds at times. They weigh around 20 lbs with 2 of that being the main rotor. If ANY part fails, it all crashes. This is like throwing a running chainsaw into a crowd.

Then there are the small quadcopters (4 engines and props), 2 - 7 pounds, computer controlled, but go wildly OUT of control if anything at all goes wrong, especially with an engine or prop. The computer goes full throttle on the other 3 engines trying to correct, and they flip wildly at full power into whatever is below.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a strong market, and the sales numbers can be impressive. People are paying $10k just for their engines.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely heaps of fun. I stayed away from petrol cars though, every person I knew who had one had some sort of issue with them. Nothing beat the high pitched sound of a heavily modified electric RC car.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At my prior employer a few years ago they would have races down on the ground floor in the foyer on Friday afternoons. One team even had a camera installed in their vehicle, which would be pretty wild to watch given the speeds and the scales involved.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool. Interestingly, the fastest car is an electric car. Most people would think differently.

I would not have known that. Anyways, I'm looking for a good dropshipper or a strong affiliate program. On the hunt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators