• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Rake.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoDatDog

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
2,156
Reaction score
85
I just picked this up. My plan is to sell it to a company associated with online poker, since online poker does not exist without the RAKE. Of course, there are garden rakes as well.

All opinions are welcome, from high to low.
 
Rake to me is not exactly a term a casino wants to use for their operational website. After all it's what they take from the players. Now of course if their business model was the lowest rake (commission) then great, but then wouldn't lowrake or some other derivative work better?

Great name for a maker of the garden implements though. A real pure easy to remember LLLL. Gardening is itself big business, and the name commands at least a price worthy of the billions flowing through that industry.
 
Rake to me is not exactly a term a casino wants to use for their operational website. After all it's what they take from the players. Now of course if their business model was the lowest rake (commission) then great, but then wouldn't lowrake or some other derivative work better?

Great name for a maker of the garden implements though. A real pure easy to remember LLLL. Gardening is itself big business, and the name commands at least a price worthy of the billions flowing through that industry.

I may not have explained it fully. There are a bunch of sites called Rakeback, Rakebreak, etc. that are all about online poker, affiliate programs, and Poker Rake. That is what I meant. Though I would wager that online casinos that also have poker would find this name to be very useful if they set up their own Rake site, or Rake-info site. That's why I bought it, though the fallback position is the garden rake angle. There is also a good website called The Rake that uses RakeMag.com as their website... they might be interested.
 
That's the wonderful thing about domain names, one person sees one thing, and another sees another. Either way, you have a winner.
 
I like the fact that this is a Good recognizable LLLL...I'm not seeing the gambling angle at all though (and I am a regular gambler)...

I see high XXXX to low XX,XXX for this name...based on the more common meaning of rake.
 
Nice domain name

Atleast $xxxx for it. And seeing the prices that are going nowadays for 4 letter names. You can even count on $xx,xxx

Thanks.
 
I like the fact that this is a Good recognizable LLLL...I'm not seeing the gambling angle at all though (and I am a regular gambler)...

I see high XXXX to low XX,XXX for this name...based on the more common meaning of rake.


Here are a few sites that use the word Rake in their domain.


http://www.rakeback.com/

http://www.rakefree.com/


Gambling and poker affiliate programs are monstrous, and it would a lot easier to advertise your site to poker players with the domain Rake.com. You can get confused with Rakeback, Rakefree, Rakebuster, etc.

Thanks for the appraisal, but I will be trying to fry a bigger fish than that.
 
A rake describes a person who is a womaniser, drinker, gambler, high living, dissolute, all the natural attributes of the human race.
 
at least 8K, i would say
good luck
 
Brandable, memorable 4 letter dictionary .com. They sell for around 100k to 500k at the moment. You don't have to think of a use for it. The buyer does that. Great name.
 
I like the term when they use in as to 'rake' in profits. Apparently this name will definitely do the same for you. :whistle:

low $xx,xxx at least. much potential.
 
I like the name. It's simple and straight to the point (whatever that is :-P)

Good solid 4 letter, i'd say somewhere in the high $xxxx range

Good luck with it
 
Great domain. 4 letter generic. impossible to mis-spell. surely no-one should sell for less than $xx,xxx . no ceiling limit as with any domain because if someone really wants it..............
Realistically mid $xx,xxx it's really good!
cheers, Guy
NB: Don't even mention garden rakes, this is casino bound
 
I like the term when they use in as to 'rake' in profits. Apparently this name will definitely do the same for you. :whistle:

low $xx,xxx at least. much potential.


i agree, very strong business profit connotations mid XX,XXX

btw ... don't click on rakefree.com it crashed by browser with pop-ups
 
I would build a business around it. A name so good, without a website, is a waste, and the buyer can think that you don't know what to do with it. Show that you know how valuable it is.
 
Nice name Dog. Hard call but I'd say you're certainly into five figures. Here's some other sales:

Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru
Mare com $10,000 May 06 SnapNames
Rage com $11,090 May 06 Private
Fold com $24,225 Feb 06 Sedo
Toot com $25,000 Oct 05 Sedo
Duet com $40,000 Apr 06 Sedo
Join com $40,000 Sep 05 Sedo
Webs com $45,750 Nov 05 Moniker/Domain Systems
Azam com $75,000 Jul 06 Private
Dora com $100,000 Feb 06 Private
Huge com $105,000 May 06 Moniker/Traffic
Base com $110,012 May 06 Private
Jail com $111,100 May 06 Moniker/DomainRoundTable
King com $155,000 Oct 05 Sedo
Farm com $200,000 Apr 06 Afternic
Sofa com $200,000 Dec 05 Private
Bird com $200,000 Nov 05 Afternic
Bike com $500,000 Jun 06 Sedo
Blue com $500,000 Mar 06 Sedo

Cheers,
BidNo
 
I know we haven't always agreed on the CC-TLD market, but I think we can both agree that this is a very nice pickup.

Well done and please let us know when you end up doing something with it. I would not sell this for any less then 30k. And if that meant I sit on it for two years, that's exactly what I would do.


Take care!


Jay
 
Does rake .com get any traffic ? Can you publish the price that you paid ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom