Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

rant about domain business

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the more I think about it, the more I feel that it is almost impossible to get a good domain name without paying big bucks to the owner...

There are so many steps you have to go thru before catching a great dropped name:

1.The owner has to be dumb enough to forget to renew the domain OR he/she has to somehow die of an accident and unable to renew

2.Then you have to outbid everyone else (including professionals) who is also trying to get the same name. And that's just WITHIN one domain grabbing service.

3.Then even if you are the highest bidder, other name-grabbing services may beat your service

4.Then finally, of course, the name owner could always recollect his/her memory and renew the domain before it drops....

=======================================

in conclusion..... almost impossible to get a good name. I should start thinking buying Lotto instead:D

Domain summit 2024

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by allanh
the more I think about it, the more I feel that it is almost impossible to get a good domain name without paying big bucks to the owner...

There are so many steps you have to go thru before catching a great dropped name:

1.The owner has to be dumb enough to forget to renew the domain OR he/she has to somehow die of an accident and unable to renew

2.Then you have to outbid everyone else (including professionals) who is also trying to get the same name. And that's just WITHIN one domain grabbing service.

3.Then even if you are the highest bidder, other name-grabbing services may beat your service

4.Then finally, of course, the name owner could always recollect his/her memory and renew the domain before it drops....

=======================================

in conclusion..... almost impossible to get a good name. I should start thinking buying Lotto instead:D

Think ccTLD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators