Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Really large disk storage hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I deal databases that are usually very huge as 5GB - 20GB and I have lots of them. I probably need 1TB disk storage that is cheap and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Checked out Rackspace cloud files and I wouldn't pay that much for something like this. Amazon aws is even more expensive.

Anyone knows any good cheap hosting that comes with large disk storage? Shared hosting is fine because my website has low traffic and is all (almost) static.

So cloud storage is my only option? Any cheaper solutions other than Rackspace or Amazon?

Thanks!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rackspace was the first that came to mind.

Quit stealing so much data from other companies, is another option.

Why not set up your own NAS, drop in about 4-8tb of SATA drives, and go from there.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy also says the space used must be reasonable. 1TB is not reasonable for a shared hosting account.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FYI On GoDaddy Fair Usage Terms:

Storage and Plan Limits

All web hosting plans, including plans that offer unlimited disk space, are subject to a limit of no more than 500,000 inodes per account (for Linux® hosting accounts) or 500,000 files and folders per account (for Windows® hosting accounts). Any account that exceeds this limit will be issued a network violation warning and subject to suspension if no action is taken by the customer to reduce the number of inodes or files and folders (as the case may be).

All web hosting plans, including plans that offer unlimited databases, are subject to limits of (i) no more than 1,000 tables per database and (ii) no more than one gigabyte (“GB”) of storage per database. Any database that exceeds these limits will be issued a network violation warning and subject to suspension if no action is taken by the customer to reduce the number of tables or gigabytes (as the case may be).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If someone finds something, let me know. I'll be taking a database and data mining (SAS) class. Perhaps the University will supply the servers for class.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have the connection speed to support it, a NAS setup (suggested by Gerry above) would work in your home to serve outside connections. I have a 2 x 2TB NAS on my home network and it's the canine's gonads. It has an intelligent integrated hard/soft system that operates completely independently of any PC. Thus you can operate it as online storage without having to have a PC to control it or 'keep it alive'. It also downloads tons of files while I and all my computers am/are asleep ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom