Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Recommend a registrar (to replace Moniker)?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John - Thanks for checking in.

When I've called customer support at Moniker, I've often ended up talking to non-native-English-speakers who just want to open support tickets, which results in a process that drags on and on. Bari was usually able to cut through the red tape and do what I (and other members here) needed. Will someone else be active in the forums here, as she was?

I want to beat the Jan. 15 price increases, as I'm sure a lot of other members do, and the question is whether we're going to renew our Moniker domains or transfer them. Your assurances are good to hear, but we're very puzzled about the Bari-firing fiasco, which seemed like just one more in a series of events that are swinging many members of the domainer community away from Moniker.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that none of you are concerned with API functionality and ease of use of screens -- in which eNom beats everyone else easily. Perhaps you guys don't manage thousands of domains or sell to end users who will call you in anger in the middle of Godaddy's 7 pages of screenspam upsell?

If another registrar has a full featured API and user-friendly system I'm open for a look.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that none of you are concerned with API functionality and ease of use of screens -- in which eNom beats everyone else easily. Perhaps you guys don't manage thousands of domains or sell to end users who will call you in anger in the middle of Godaddy's 7 pages of screenspam upsell?

If another registrar has a full featured API and user-friendly system I'm open for a look.

I'm having huge issues with eNon using Opera browser, and as that is my default browser and works just well with nearly all other sites, it's rather eNom who should invest some more time fixing their frontend. Anytime I have to move away domains from there that I won in auctions is a pain!

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dynadot is expensive for any transaction and the $2 they charge for privacy is useless, your full name still gets displayed

Name.com is not such a good registrar but deserves credit for introducing the VIP (Verisign secure code which most people only know from PayPal and eBay) so for average names it's ok and the fee for the VIP token is only paid once, does anyone know another registrar which uses this token...?

Namecheap is already accredited by ICANN individually and soon you won't see Enom in the WHOIS for their names but technically they're still Enom's largest reseller, I find Support to be real good! and for its size it has plenty of security features

Fabulous charges an arm and a leg if you don't have their monetization program, at least those are the prices they've quoted me, and they refuse most people, so it's not affordable --or even an option-- for many of us, they say they accept anyone for a regular acct but it isn't true, one of my buyers applied and he was rejected even for a regular acct, their app forces you to list some of your domains even when you're not applying for monetization, and even if you tell them that, I saw it for myself, so it's an elite program which also offers registrar services, and not the other way around

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please don't be offended if that is your company, but I have never heard of NameSilo. Do many members use it?

(One other factor in choosing a registrar will be finding one where most other domainers have accounts, so pushes can be made easily.)

NameSilo - a perfect place to store your sh*t names.. lol. bad name for a registrar.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just checked out their rates, seems kind of silly that you need 5k domains to get the same price godaddy gives for any.

Rates aren't the same for retail and domainers, also WHOIS protection is free while GoDaddy charges for it.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

NameSilo - a perfect place to store your sh*t names.. lol. bad name for a registrar.

Don't be so harsh :D I'd say "store your corny domains" :D

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that the ability to PUSH domains after a sale is ranks high on registrar requirements.

As far as I know, eNom.com is the on registrar that will do that without putting the domain on 60 day lockdown.

Also, the push can be done via API, totally automating the sale process. Again, I don't know any other registrar doing that.

5head

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started at GoDaddy (thanks, SuperBowl commercials), but am now a Dynadot guy. Here's why:
  • Use their API all the time to dropcatch names. Once caught, your API call can set nameservers for the domain, place it in a specific folder in you Dynadot account, etc. i.e., nothing manual once API is coded. Have to spend $500 to get API access. No different than DNForum, though - helps to keep the riffraff out. Less riffraff = quicker API calls = more successful drop catches.
  • Cheaper domain pricing once you spend $500/year. Even cheaper at $5,000.
  • Live chat is superb.
  • Love their folder/organizational system. At GoDaddy, I have no idea what is where.
  • I recently made a trip out to San Fran and asked if I could stop by their offices in San Mateo. They didn't hesitate to welcome me in.

Their prices aren't rock bottom, but I'll pay a bit more for the perks of being a name, not a number.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
FABULOUS

All you need is 101 domains to get into the next lower pricing tier, $8.59 I believe.. Not bad really.

No BS Ads or tricks at checkout like Enom and Godaddy, The time and aggravation alone from not dealing with advertisements is well worth whatever pricing tier your on.

And the interface has greatly improved from a year ago, I have no problem navigating whatsoever. And I actually find their payment interface the easiest and fastest of any Registrar I've seen.

And to top it off, FREE Whois Privacy.. What more can you ask for?

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FABULOUS

All you need is 101 domains to get into the next lower pricing tier, $8.59 I believe.. Not bad really.

No BS Ads or tricks at checkout like Enom and Godaddy, The time and aggravation alone from not dealing with advertisements is well worth whatever pricing tier your on.

And the interface has greatly improved from a year ago, I have no problem navigating whatsoever. And I actually find their payment interface the easiest and fastest of any Registrar I've seen.

And to top it off, FREE Whois Privacy.. What more can you ask for?
How did you get into Fabulous? Did you meet their requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom