Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Record a voice mail greeting with Isaiah Mustafa, the Old Spice spokesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

dataguy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Inspired by the Old Spice YourTube video here, http://Record-a-Greeting.com is an idea which should have been thought of sooner! The site allows users to create their own custom Isaiah Mustafa voice mail using snippets from the video. The video already has had nearly a half a million views, this site could easily go viral!

The site is new so I have no traffic stats and the site hasn't been monetized. I'm happy to hold on to it and let it grow as this idea is something that could be expanded to many, many other voice mail greetings. If I can get a few hundred dollars for it, I could be convinced to sell it now, though. I'll entertain any offer.

demaxxus

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are there no legal issues with trying to profit from someone else's name and voice without permission?

dataguy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think with this viral marketing campaign, Old Spice has embraced the new marketing paradigm. I believe this would be considered a mashup... if you watch the video, it appears that they want to get as much exposure as possible.

This being said, there is no guarantee that they won't frown upon this. The domain name was chosen to not rely on their brand or Mustafa's name, so at worst the site could be switched to a different mashup.

By the way, the domain recordagreeting.com will be included in this sale. It is currently redirected to record-a-greeting.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom