• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Redhat.biz

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggish

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
0
Redhat.biz

Appreciate some appraisals. Thanks.
 
I suppose there is a trademark for redhat for operating system stuff, but there are hats that are red, there is an organization called Red Hat Ladies, and if you'll notice the site that I put up caters to Women's fashion. You can't just trademark a name, a name is trademarked for a specific use.

http://www.redhatsociety.com/

http://www.redhatfashions4u.com/
 
LOL even the "Red Hat Society" is a registered trademark.

So I'd concur; little commercial value.

Perhaps, a RedHat linux "fan club" forum.
 
Perhaps, a RedHat linux "fan club" forum.

Now that would be infringement. Besides this whole Linux thing is just a passing fad. Redhat.biz would be put to much more valuable use perhaps as a directory of where one can find all kinds of red headwear.
 
Linux is a passing fad? Now that's interesting.
Why did you register Redhat.biz in the first place?
 
Why did you register Redhat.biz in the first place?

Two generic common short words that look and sound good and is easily memorable. Can be branded as a clothing/sportscap vendor. Would also be good for a general clothing site. Those are pretty much the things that crossed my mind when I registered this name in good faith.
 
Besides this whole Linux thing is just a passing fad.
:pound: For the sake of argument, .biz is pretty much at the bottom of the list is names to be regged. If you can do an apparel site, then that may add some value to the domain. But as a stand alone domain name, very little value other than reg fee.
 
Those are pretty much the things that crossed my mind when I registered this name in good faith.

Unfortunately "RedHat" is a famous mark.

"RedHats" would be more descriptive and generic. Also, the Red Hat Society does use an actual red hat and other items as part of the symbol.

Where I am getting at: the name's commercial value is low because of these two uses.
 
Doc Com thanks for the apparel website suggestions. Exactly what I was thinking this name is perfect for too.
 
Unfortunately "RedHat" is a famous mark.

"RedHats" would be more descriptive and generic. Also, the Red Hat Society does use an actual red hat and other items as part of the symbol.

Where I am getting at: the name's commercial value is low because of these two uses.

I'm actually thinking it may be better suited for sports caps. I think think there are some decent affiliate programs for that too. Hey, new idea, maybe sell pro communist hats... maybe caps for communist sports fans... still trying to brainstorm this one.
 
Besides this whole Linux thing is just a passing fad.

OMG, I can't believe you said that...

Sun claims that 80 percent of the Internet backbone runs over its Solaris Unix systems, and considering most www servers run apache on unix/linux, its a pretty big fad you have here
 
Doc Com thanks for the apparel website suggestions. Exactly what I was thinking this name is perfect for too.
No problem...like I said "for the sake of argument".

If you want to stick by this name and believe you have not created a stir, then don't go any where near RedHat as a business entity, software, or little old ladies.

I guess that leaves selling blank red hats with no logos. I was thinking of Dale jr. but that has Bud TM all over it along with the SF 49ers, Cincy Reds, ST Louis Cards...

We already know you won't approach Linux...you really didn't mean to say that, did you?
 
OMG, I can't believe you said that...
He was obviously joking (right???)

Linux is by far one of the most stable systems when it comes to webhosting. My servers run on it and doing extremely well
 
To make that statement, I very much doubt he knows what Linux is.

Anyway, my appraisal is reg fee.
 
To make that statement, I very much doubt he knows what Linux is.

Anyway, my appraisal is reg fee.



HEEHEHE o my god I can't stop laughing.

Sports store red hats ARE U KIDDING ME..?

so what in that store you will have only RED HATS :0 heheh I like to see something like that.. :)

Buyer..
ummm can I have that in blue please.
Seller:
NO DAMN IT ITS A RED HAT STORE get out..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom