Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Reflections On Domainfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140410_gary2.jpg

I’ve finally returned back to Australia, answered the hundreds of emails, responded to skype calls, got an update from the ParkLogic team and given my wife a hug! Life can be so busy at times that we don’t manage to stop and reflect. So this is my opportunity to do exactly that and share with you what I learned and experienced at DomainFest.

I’ve already said it before but I’ll say it again. The Oversee.Net team pulled together an awesome conference in an incredibly short amount of time. The whole team needs to take a bow and listen to the loud applause that I’m sure is coming from the whole industry. Well done!

When I first looked at the proposed schedule I found myself in the strange situation where I actually wanted to attend a number of the sessions. Typically speaking I end up in back-to-back meetings during a conference but this time I decided to lock some time out to hear what some of the excellent speakers were saying.

It was really good see Debra Domeyer (CEO Oversee.net) and Dwayne Walker (SVP Oversee.net) open the conference and share from their perspective where they think the domain industry is headed. In all of my conversations with them I found that they were both open and reasonably bullish about some of the prospects ahead.

The opening keynote address was by Gary Vaynerchuk and he was highly entertaining as he recounted some of his life’s experiences. He came across as a really focused guy that doesn’t put up with any nonsense.

Some of the new industries that are firmly in his sites include; 3D printing, virtual reality and wearable computing. I for one have been interested in all three of these technologies as I think that they are potentially world changing in themselves. An interesting insight to what may be possible with wearable computing can be seen in the science fiction show “Continuum”. Interesting stuff!

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom