Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Registrar Deleted my Domain even though it was Renewed - Help Please!

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have only 1 domain with Idregister.com (K-Systems)

I renewed it for 1 year on December 19, 2017 (it had expired on Dec. 9th).

I paid via Paypal and I got the receipt that my order was processed successfully.

On Dec . 22 I received an email from Idregister that my domain had expired and was pending deletion. I sent them a support ticket on Dec. 24 that I had renewed it and gave them the transaction ID number

I have just checked my email and seen that Idregister.com said they have deleted my domain on January 13, 2018.

The whois says it is with Godaddy

What can should I do?
Should I contact Godaddy and explain to them?
Do I contact ICANN?
Any suggestions. The domain is not that valuable ($5-10,000) but it was the very first domain I registered in Dec. 1999. I do not want to lose it like this.

I am thinking that perhaps it is more than Idregister.com negligence, perhaps it was a way for them to steal my domain?

I would appreciate any help and suggestions. Thank you.

Domain summit 2024

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something does not match up?
You sent them an email on Dec 24 last year and they did not reply to you until Jan 13 this year?
Make sure that you keep a record of the transaction and contact them again but you need to follow up and do not wait for week(s).
It does not hurt to file a complaint with ICANN.

One thing I learned is never keep the name(s) with the registrar that I don't know well.

Good luck!
John

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was it transferred to Godaddy or it expired and it has new registration date?

Either way you can open complain at ICANN (there is some online form for it), they usually insist for some resolutino (but registrar can bullshit them whatever they want, because ICANN is just bunch of lazy fucks, who hate to do anything)

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your replies.

This is what it says off the whois:

---
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2018-01-23T21:13:11Z
Creation Date: 1999-12-09T03:38:35Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-12-09T03:38:35Z
---

So the creation date is 1999-Dec-09 which is when I first registered it. I don't know if that means it was transferred to godaddy or not?

If it was deleted and was registered in a drop, then would it have a new creation date of 2018?

Reaction score
Yes if it deleted and became available any new registration would have that creation date. So it was transferred to godaddy. Are there details for the current registrant? Go to godaddy and do their whois to find out who has the domain.

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes if it deleted and became available any new registration would have that creation date. So it was transferred to godaddy. Are there details for the current registrant? Go to godaddy and do their whois to find out who has the domain.

Interesting. So it was transferred to godaddy and not picked up in a drop because it still has my original creation date of Dec. 1999.

I got the person's name and email off of godaddy's whois.

I am thinking now it was a domain hijacking and fraud.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Well I don't think there's much you can do. Email both registrars with all relevant info - explain that you're going to take out a complaint at ICANN if there's no satisfactory explanation. Then complain at icann https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/dispute-resolution-2012-02-25-en I think you're going to have to resign yourself to losing the domain though sadly.

domaindot

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>(it had expired on Dec. 9th).

>I renewed it for 1 year on December 19, 2017

>On Dec . 22 I received an email from Idregister that my domain had expired and was pending deletion.

>I sent them a support ticket on Dec. 24 that I had renewed it and gave them the transaction ID number

>Idregister.com said they have deleted my domain on January 13, 2018.

>Update Date: 2018-01-23T21:13:11Z

Seems pretty clear. LDRegister.com deleted your domain, which means they did not acknowledge your renewal and support ticket about the renewal.

You should call them at 972-97657314 and explain the situation. (20-30 minutes)

In parallel, you should also file an ICANN complaint as suggested by RobM.
Your domain was in effect transferred to another registrar without your knowledge - so file it as such.
Go here, fill out the form - it will take just 15 minutes:
https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form

So that is one hour of work - for $5,000, if your estimate about the value of the domain is correct.

If you don't have time, ask someone else here to do it - offer them 20-30% of the sales price.

If everything which you shared with us is accurate, you should not have lost the domain. So, don't let it go like that.

Good luck.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What is the domain? PM me if you don't want to share publicly.

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DomainDot and RobM,

I will send Idregister.com an email right now. And follow-up with a phone call if need be. I'm not sure if they are open right now as they are around London UK time, I think.

So all I need to do is just fill out that form about transfer. Do you not think I need to send out a more detailed form like this one as someone else is listed as the registrant:

https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/complaint-submission-template-26apr17-en.pdf

and does anyone know the email of Godaddy so I can email them - I have seen abuse@godaddy.com on the whois.

Last edited:

domaindot

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ICANN Complaints: File both. What do you have to lose except a bit more time?

GoDaddy: Call at 1 (480) 505-8877 - they are open now. Emailing is OK if you know someone there: https://www.godaddy.com/help/email-support-20310

Edit: Just spoke with GoDaddy rep - he said you essentially need to sort it out with the current registrar. That's their position. Unless directed by ICANN, they're not going to do much about it.

Last edited:

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

The domain is Loanscanada dot com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That domain did not get deleted. It was transferred to GoDaddy from Public Domain Registry. As you were using a Yahoo email address, it's quite possible that your email was part of the massive hack at Yahoo and was compromised.

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That domain did not get deleted. It was transferred to GoDaddy from Public Domain Registry. As you were using a Yahoo email address, it's quite possible that your email was part of the massive hack at Yahoo and was compromised.

I changed my password after the hack. And the hack occurred well before I renewed it in December. So my email was not compromised.

Since the domain was never deleted, and was transferred to Godaddy, it seems to me that something shady is going on.

I just emailed Joe Styler at Godaddy. Much appreciated Johnn !

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can only see that the domain got transferred, so if you didn't authorize it, someone else did. Unless - wild guess - PDR has an agreement with GoDaddy to auction off expired domains. Hopefully Joe Styler will confirm or refute that.

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update:

Idregister (K-systems) emailed me (with no name) and said:

It looks like you did not completed the renewal process.
However we are going to check the issue.

I replied back stating that I completed the renewal process... I paid for the domain and there was nothing else for me to do.

Joe Styler replied back stating that he was sorry to hear about this, but I have to contact Idregister and file a complaint with them and have them look into it and have them reach out to Godaddy.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Styler is right about the process. So it seems that it's a mess: K-Systems claim you didn't complete the renewal. So what did they do with the domain next? It didn't drop, it was transferred to GoDaddy.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you try contacting the current registrant?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators