Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Remove Politics from Today's Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can we remove the Sports Discussions from todays posts as well?, I dont see what Sports has to do with domaining. If we can remove it, then Domainers can focus on the business of domaining.

Ideally each member should be able to 'exclude' particular sections of the forum by their own choice...

just my $0.02 on the subject...

Great idea... Hopefully that's possible.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have removed the Political section from showing up in "Today's Posts".

Thank You ! :yes:

(Hope it sticks)

(wishes it was filtered out of "Unread Posts" link in top right of page, also)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can we remove the Sports Discussions from todays posts as well?, I dont see what Sports has to do with domaining. If we can remove it, then Domainers can focus on the business of domaining.
Start a new thread. And you know what, I'll probably agree with you on this.

H

H2FC

Only if you start posting in there and strongly criticize/degrade everybody who disagrees with your view as you do in the political threads.:lol::lol::lol:.....In others words....Only if you screw it up by making it unpleasent for everybody else!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Start a new thread. And you know what, I'll probably agree with you on this.

I'll wait until Admin runs the test and then I just might.

Only if you start posting in there and strongly criticize/degrade everybody who disagrees with your view as you do in the political threads.:lol::lol::lol:.....In others words....Only if you screw it up by making it unpleasent for everybody else!

Shutup you idiot.... It's flaming pigs like you that degrade the section, not me. Just look at what you've done in this thread already.

Besides, removing it from today's posts doesn't bother me at all, I'm just looking for consistency, this obviously went completely over that empty head of yours.... If only Admin could filter out mindless idiots like you, this Forum would be a far better place.:yes:

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Great idea... Hopefully that's possible.

Sports > Politics

It's pretty strange though how you're here, at a domain forum, with a political message in your sig. :?: Why are you here, to talk politics or domains?

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who cares about politics, why not remove adult posts from todays posts? I'm sure alot of kids see those.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good idea, less politics and more business :cheers:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sports > Politics

It's pretty strange though how you're here, at a domain forum, with a political message in your sig. :?: Why are you here, to talk politics or domains?
Well, to be fair (and even though I do not agree even remotely with what Raider has posted in the political department), that's called freedom of speech. Another non-political forum that I frequent daily does not allow that (political statement in the signature), which I find is sickening. (And you could guess they does not allow political threads at all.)

As for me, I find those "humor" posts showing up actualy more annoying.

nicedomains

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about ispy? That's my bookmarked page and by being able to read the first couple sentences of posts I always get drawn into reading the political threads while on dnf. Whatever, I'm not trying to be a pain the ass but a version of ispy without humor, political, break room posts would improve my productivity while on dnf.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am much happier now that I don't have to have low rent minds like Raider's clogging my domaining experience in the thread roundup. She doesn't have much appreciation for irony, but everyone else will realize how fitting it is that she's in here talking about "consistency".

Raider, what's it feel like to spend your life broadcasting to everyone your fantastic ability to annoy and your less-than-fantastic ability to actually think? Shouldn't you be for the Politics Remove? ;)

BTW are you actually in the domain business?

ordersomething

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think some political smear campaigns may have infiltrated dnforum.

I am much happier now that I don't have to have low rent minds like Raider's clogging my domaining experience in the thread roundup. She doesn't have much appreciation for irony, but everyone else will realize how fitting it is that she's in here talking about "consistency".

Raider, what's it feel like to spend your life broadcasting to everyone your fantastic ability to annoy and your less-than-fantastic ability to actually think? Shouldn't you be for the Politics Remove? ;)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

I'm glad your happier now formerdnforumer, that's what this all about right? making Obama's cult supporters happy? Supporters that swallowed Obama's empty demagogic slogans only to find out they were duped. Cant say I told you so.

I totally understand the frustration members like you have, not wanting to be reminded of Obama's failures every time they visit today's posts and feeling betrayed... You can do something about that you know, Trying being HONEST with yourself and you wont have that problem.

To answer the domain biz question, NO, I'm not in the domain business, I only dream of being a domainer... You see, my biggest problem is mastering the art of picking great domains like you do, Names like Obamaism.com, Obamaisms.com and Tastings.ca.. I tried to read your book but it's just not helping.

=================================================================

Seriously, The biggest problem we have in the Political section is from mindless members like the one above who use intimidation to stamp out decent on this Forum, This is precisely what they've been doing for the last 8-9 months, Anyone who criticizes Obama for whatever reason is automatically demonized and mischaracterized by the left, The only time these people believe in the Right to Free Speech is when they agree with it.

And pleeease guys, spare me the "We can all go back to domaining bullsh*t?.. This is has little to NOTHING to do with 1 to 2 political threads showing up in Today's posts, but rather MORE to do with the titles and what's being discussed in the threads.

I remember when H2FC created over 300 global warming and environmental threads, you couldn't go a day without 1 or 2 appearing in today's posts, Him and Tas38 fed off of each other to keep them going as long as they could, they did this over a 2 year period, Did anyone object then? Other than Azooza, GoPc and myself reporting it for abuse of the section, Nobody else said a damn thing...

Where was DomainMagnate then? he's been here since 2005. Was he absent those 2+ years? Or did the titles not bother him as much as they do now?

Like I said before, I dont care what the Forum does, But let's all be honest about what's really going on here OK?

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad your happier now formerdnforumer, that's what this all about right? making Obama's cult supporters happy? Supporters that swallowed Obama's empty demagogic slogans only to find out they were duped. Cant say I told you so.

I totally understand the frustration members like you have, not wanting to be reminded of Obama's failures every time they visit today's posts and feeling betrayed... You can do something about that you know, Trying being HONEST with yourself and you wont have that problem.

To answer the domain biz question, NO, I'm not in the domain business, I only dream of being a domainer... You see, my biggest problem is mastering the art of picking great domains like you do, Names like Obamaism.com, Obamaisms.com and Tastings.ca.. I tried to read your book but it's just not helping.

=================================================================

Yes I've been an utter failure in the domain business. :sad: You are very perceptive, able to root out bullshit, I'll give you that.

H

H2FC

I remember when H2FC created over 300 global warming and environmental threads, you couldn't go a day without 1 or 2 appearing in today's posts, Him and Tas38 fed off of each other to keep them going as long as they could, they did this over a 2 year period, Did anyone object then? Other than Azooza, GoPc and myself reporting it for abuse of the section, Nobody else said a damn thing...

This is an outright LIE. Not the part about Raider,GoPc, and maybe Azooza (not sure about him) falsely accusing me of abuse....they are guilty of doing that and they did it because they are globalwarming skeptics and don't want the truth to be known on the subject.

But nothing ever came of it because (rightfully so) any member has a right to create a thread on anything of importance if its in the proper section. The reason for different threads is because there are many difference subjects under a main topic. Its kind of like "domaining". Everything can't be listed under one heading.

The total number of globalwarming threads created were more like 50 than 300 and other members created many of those....including Raider herself. Look them up if you don't believe it.

This latest PROVABLE LIE is just another example of what can be expected from Raider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom