Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Remove the BLUE POLO GUY!!!! PLEASE!!! ANNOYING

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To Adam and Admins:

Please remove the blue polo guy. It scared the shit out of me, when I was trying to visit the site at 2 am. Come on, it is not just that, but this guy is absolutely boring, and monotone, and should be removed. I love the DNF by all means, but this polo guy gota go, and may be you guys can change with something else, but this guy is monotone and annoying.

Anyone with me??? found this annoying???? then put in your feedback in the thread

Upvote 0

topforclicks

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
+120 for him to go. Stuff him into a box and throw him from a ship at sea.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm always logged in to DNF on my desktop PC, iPad, phone and laptop, so I've never seen this guy before (until I logged out just now). So, he doesn't bother me much, ALTHOUGH, -- for new DNF visitors it might give an impression that the site (and domaining in general) is some sort of "Seen-on-TV" get-rich-work-from-home scheme stuff. Honestly the guy (and what he says) makes the site seem a little cheesy. My 2 coins..

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To echo what Stian mentioned, yes...I am typically logged in so he is not seen.

On a new device, from that first moment - yes you see him. To me, a current member, and to other members, that first log in on a new device is an annoyance simply because we are not taken immediately to where we want to go. We have to go through the process of signing in. In the meantime, we see and hear his sales pitch.

Is he annoying? That depends on the viewer. For one thing, he is informative to the new viewer and inviting.

He's paid for and he's professional. From that perspective, he may in fact be a good spokesperson for the site.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I prefer to login just for security mindset. The problem with always logged on is 'one day' you will accidentally visit a malicious website with a payload of downloading cookies information about your surfing habits, this includes saved password.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm more annoyed by the crap.crap domains listed for sale everyday.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The effect is similar to sites that automatically start music. Because i'm listening to online radio, it's annoying when an unexpected sound pops up. The first and last action i take on such sites is to click the tab away.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Several months ago the blue shirt guy woke my entire household up at 3:00 AM. Sadly I had forgotten to plug the headphone jack in. I damn near blew out my computer speakers in the process.

I visit now about 1/10th as much. Just annoying as hell. I definitely respect Adam's need to market the forum, but this strategy has to go.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the blue polo guy is an insult to every seasoned domainer on this forum... It's like listening to the voice of your teacher when you were in kindergarten,

Whether he should of been added to the forum in the first place is questionable because the motive is unclear.

I say he should GO.

I visit now about 1/10th as much.

I'm visiting less and less as well, but we should both note that it's not all because of the blue polo guy.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
+1

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adblocked the first time I saw it. And I don't block many ads...

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Annoying the hell out of your existing user base (all of whom are domain investors), and doing so in a climate where domain investing is slightly more difficult than it was in years past... I doubt that will yield positive results for this forum in the long run.

I'm honestly shocked it's taken this long for a thread to get started on this issue. I literally said to myself "screw it, I just won't visit the forum anymore unless it's urgent". Every time I try to login Mr. Blue Asshole pops up and lags out my login attempt, meaning that somehow my cursor ends up reappearing somewhere else on the page. :D

I thought this Blue guy was supposed to get shit canned after DomainShane brought up how annoying it was on his blog? Why is he still here?

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
His presence oversells the site, imo. Almost like the site is trying too hard to sell something.

I remember when I first became a member here. The appeal was to obtain knowledge. What ultimately lead me to purchase Exclusive membership was the fact that some knowledge was hidden.

I just don't feel blue polo guy is a good fit here.

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are going to make some changes to it this weekend. Something along the lines of just showing up to new users upon arriving to the site.

Thanks for the feedback!

Chuck

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are going to make some changes to it this weekend. Something along the lines of just showing up to new users upon arriving to the site.
Isn't that what is its purpose at the moment? Members or non-members arriving on the site without having a log in.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i don't see the guy convincing newcomers to join. if anything it probably deters people.

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't that what is its purpose at the moment? Members or non-members arriving on the site without having a log in.

For the most part, yes, you are correct. Let me rephrase my post above then ;)..........

We are going to make some changes to it this weekend based on the user feedback.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Changes = Blue guy stays.

The investment must be substantial and we cant let bad things got to waste.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be absolutely shocked if it didn't deter new members from joining as well. It's so cheesy that it looks like it was concocted in the 1980s and some how digitalized. It literally sounds like the worst of the worst infomercials.

You guys have received basically unanimous feedback across the domaining world, yet the blue guy is still sticking around? Please at least IP target him, because I clear my browser cache regularly. I don't want to be bothered by this guy anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom