• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Remove the BLUE POLO GUY!!!! PLEASE!!! ANNOYING

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainScoop.Com

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
764
Reaction score
75
To Adam and Admins:

Please remove the blue polo guy. It scared the shit out of me, when I was trying to visit the site at 2 am. Come on, it is not just that, but this guy is absolutely boring, and monotone, and should be removed. I love the DNF by all means, but this polo guy gota go, and may be you guys can change with something else, but this guy is monotone and annoying.


Anyone with me??? found this annoying???? then put in your feedback in the thread
 
Upvote 0
+120 for him to go. Stuff him into a box and throw him from a ship at sea.
 
I'm always logged in to DNF on my desktop PC, iPad, phone and laptop, so I've never seen this guy before (until I logged out just now). So, he doesn't bother me much, ALTHOUGH, -- for new DNF visitors it might give an impression that the site (and domaining in general) is some sort of "Seen-on-TV" get-rich-work-from-home scheme stuff. Honestly the guy (and what he says) makes the site seem a little cheesy. My 2 coins..
 
To echo what Stian mentioned, yes...I am typically logged in so he is not seen.

On a new device, from that first moment - yes you see him. To me, a current member, and to other members, that first log in on a new device is an annoyance simply because we are not taken immediately to where we want to go. We have to go through the process of signing in. In the meantime, we see and hear his sales pitch.

Is he annoying? That depends on the viewer. For one thing, he is informative to the new viewer and inviting.

He's paid for and he's professional. From that perspective, he may in fact be a good spokesperson for the site.
 
I prefer to login just for security mindset. The problem with always logged on is 'one day' you will accidentally visit a malicious website with a payload of downloading cookies information about your surfing habits, this includes saved password.
 
I'm more annoyed by the crap.crap domains listed for sale everyday.
 
The effect is similar to sites that automatically start music. Because i'm listening to online radio, it's annoying when an unexpected sound pops up. The first and last action i take on such sites is to click the tab away.
 
Several months ago the blue shirt guy woke my entire household up at 3:00 AM. Sadly I had forgotten to plug the headphone jack in. I damn near blew out my computer speakers in the process.

I visit now about 1/10th as much. Just annoying as hell. I definitely respect Adam's need to market the forum, but this strategy has to go.
 
Last edited:
I think the blue polo guy is an insult to every seasoned domainer on this forum... It's like listening to the voice of your teacher when you were in kindergarten,

Whether he should of been added to the forum in the first place is questionable because the motive is unclear.

I say he should GO.



I visit now about 1/10th as much.

I'm visiting less and less as well, but we should both note that it's not all because of the blue polo guy.
 
Adblocked the first time I saw it. And I don't block many ads...
 
Annoying the hell out of your existing user base (all of whom are domain investors), and doing so in a climate where domain investing is slightly more difficult than it was in years past... I doubt that will yield positive results for this forum in the long run.

I'm honestly shocked it's taken this long for a thread to get started on this issue. I literally said to myself "screw it, I just won't visit the forum anymore unless it's urgent". Every time I try to login Mr. Blue Asshole pops up and lags out my login attempt, meaning that somehow my cursor ends up reappearing somewhere else on the page. :D

I thought this Blue guy was supposed to get shit canned after DomainShane brought up how annoying it was on his blog? Why is he still here?
 
Last edited:
His presence oversells the site, imo. Almost like the site is trying too hard to sell something.

I remember when I first became a member here. The appeal was to obtain knowledge. What ultimately lead me to purchase Exclusive membership was the fact that some knowledge was hidden.

I just don't feel blue polo guy is a good fit here.
 
We are going to make some changes to it this weekend. Something along the lines of just showing up to new users upon arriving to the site.

Thanks for the feedback!

Chuck
 
We are going to make some changes to it this weekend. Something along the lines of just showing up to new users upon arriving to the site.
Isn't that what is its purpose at the moment? Members or non-members arriving on the site without having a log in.
 
i don't see the guy convincing newcomers to join. if anything it probably deters people.
 
Isn't that what is its purpose at the moment? Members or non-members arriving on the site without having a log in.

For the most part, yes, you are correct. Let me rephrase my post above then ;)..........


We are going to make some changes to it this weekend based on the user feedback.
 
Changes = Blue guy stays.

The investment must be substantial and we cant let bad things got to waste.
 
I would be absolutely shocked if it didn't deter new members from joining as well. It's so cheesy that it looks like it was concocted in the 1980s and some how digitalized. It literally sounds like the worst of the worst infomercials.

You guys have received basically unanimous feedback across the domaining world, yet the blue guy is still sticking around? Please at least IP target him, because I clear my browser cache regularly. I don't want to be bothered by this guy anymore.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom