• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Rename ME: Cheap rip off of F/M ocus' thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get lots of spam emails from mocus.com to list my domains there

..some things are never changing
 
So you want to change your name to hide from people calling you a scammer on another forum? And here on DNF your TR is fine? Why change it? People will just say you are hiding. Leave it and continue with your good rep here. :)

Surely if 'hiding' as such improves my business, surely there is no downside to it. As in dnforum is not the only place I condict business. If I contact someone through whois they do a bit of googling and find someone from namepros unfairly abusing me. That is one somewhat large negative that renaming will get rid of surely.

I am not planning on changing just my dnforum username, but my email, website etc.

People on dnforum will still be able to see that I am an honest trader from my TR...
 
tom, I don't know you, but I have read many of your posts on a variety of forums, not just np- to be honest, changing your name will only make you look worse. If you awant to sort out your rep stop posting crap like this:

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/top-l...-xsxx-com-excellent-moneymaker.html#post64298
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=237121

and become a bit more adult, and people will overcome their prejudice. Instead of attacking people, learn that working with other members is what will bring you success.
Don't take offense- I am just trying to help you see why people might not have warmed to you that much. I can't say we've ever spoken, but I have seen your name attached to a number of posts that were not necessary, and this is why you must think before you post.
Also, for the record, I read what happened to you @ np and that was very harsh- I could see no concrete evidence of you doing anything that you were accused of, and in fatc I thought it was handled extremely badly by the moderators there.

In summary, don't change your name, change your approach. Reputation must be worked at and constantly upheld- it doesn't come with a name.
 
tom, I don't know you, but I have read many of your posts on a variety of forums, not just np- to be honest, changing your name will only make you look worse. If you awant to sort out your rep stop posting crap like this:

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/top-l...-xsxx-com-excellent-moneymaker.html#post64298
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=237121

and become a bit more adult, and people will overcome their prejudice. Instead of attacking people, learn that working with other members is what will bring you success.
Don't take offense- I am just trying to help you see why people might not have warmed to you that much. I can't say we've ever spoken, but I have seen your name attached to a number of posts that were not necessary, and this is why you must think before you post.
Also, for the record, I read what happened to you @ np and that was very harsh- I could see no concrete evidence of you doing anything that you were accused of, and in fatc I thought it was handled extremely badly by the moderators there.

In summary, don't change your name, change your approach. Reputation must be worked at and constantly upheld- it doesn't come with a name.


Your opinion is greatly appreciated, and I most certainly do respect an honest response. I think your post has tipped the balance in favour of me not changing my name.
Everything you have said is completely true. I think in some respects I have come to blows because I post exactly what comes to my mind when I read something. Maybe true, but unecesary.
I am glad that you appreciate my banning on namepros was unfair. I think it is safe to say that there are many of us who disagree with the way namepros works. IMO, they are just reducing there 'good' member base, and losing themselves, as a site respect.

I think it is fair to say that if you look at my posts then, and now that I have improved a lot. I am more experienced, and less naive. Thus when my past naivity comes back and punches me in the face it is very annoying.
However as you and many others have suggested, a name change isnt the best way of preventing this.
Once again,
Thanks
 
Hey Tom. Chill & just keep the name.
Or you could try the usernames 'Lowball' or 'Lowballer' :smilewinkgrin:
It's the only thing i can see you're guilty of! LOL
:pound:

Just having fun with you :-#:
Pred
 
You could make it tommyclowes, thus keeping it essentially the same but still preventing the googling threat.
 
Hey Tom. Chill & just keep the name.
Or you could try the usernames 'Lowball' or 'Lowballer' :smilewinkgrin:
It's the only thing i can see you're guilty of! LOL
:pound:

Just having fun with you :-#:
Pred

Pred ...Stop....you're killing me...
 
While I'm not sure whether you were really a scammer, I don't understand the need for creating 10+ accounts there, with each account being banned before deciding not to sign-up again..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom