Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Renewal problems at Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pred, at this point in time we should actually be surprised if we don't encounter a problem at Moniker, this has become pathetic and these folks have become a joke of a registrar :?:

renewed few .coms and a .net
.org renewal failed twice
support ticket sent
heads up if needing to renew .org pronto you will have probelsm at moniker

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Angel/Pred-

Please let me know via PM or Email your Moniker account number and the actual names you are trying to renew but cannot.

Also let me know if you have an existing case #

Thanks.

John Mauriello
Moniker : Snapnames Brokerage & Acquisitions

2320 NE 9th Street, 2nd Floor, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Tel: 954.861.3536 | Fax: 520.208.8744
[email protected] | www.moniker.com | www.snapnames.com

Last edited:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i opened a support ticket
they got back 24 hours later with this;

Hello Guy,

Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize for the inconvenience our technical team already aware of this issue we will update you as soon as we have resolution. Please let us know if you have more questions.

Thank you

however i tried again third time last night and it renewed
I told them it was resolved
however the problems are no doubt deep seated, as we know

Angel/Pred-

Please let me know via PM or Email your Moniker account number and the actual names you are trying to renew but cannot.

Also let me know if you have an existing case #

Thanks.

John Mauriello

pred, at this point in time we should actually be surprised if we don't encounter a problem at Moniker, this has become pathetic and these folks have become a joke of a registrar

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm having renewal issues again.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the moniker control panel is like a cranky old man i swear. ehhhh sonny, you need that domain renewed or some other simple function performed? go get me my pipe and slippers first, and a glass of warm milk.... NO NOT 2% AND IM TIRED AND GOING TO BED NOW

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everything is working again, yesterday I was so nervous I could barely sleep, afraid that it could be a re-run from last time...

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We've spent some time today researching any system issue. We found no technical reason that would cause renewals to not work. We will continue to monitor the issue and in the meantime please let us know if there are any additional problems and we will troubleshoot the issue immediately.

Marti Johnson
Sr. Manager Customer Support
954 861 3511
[email protected]

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it was a minor problem that happened only yesterday, today I had no problem whatsoever.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i can't even log in. i just get this..

Error
Error

Error. Please contact moniker. null null

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm logged in, renewals are going fine, I won't risk logging out if you are having issues. Have you tried with another browser or clearing your cache?

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are always glad to help with any problems at all. Please contact our support team by opening a ticket using your portal. Or contact us by phone at 800 688 6311, or 1-954-607-1294. Our support hours are M-F 7:00am EST - 8:00pm EST and Sat-Sun 8:00am EST - 6:00pm EST.

Regards,
Marti Johnson
954 861 3511
[email protected]

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why are MartiJ, John Mauriello and SamFrida all SnapNames reps/managers and nobody is actually from Moniker ? I'd expect all here to appreciate their input and working towards resolving so many issues for so many people (on this thread alone) but what exactly is going on at Moniker ?... As I understand Oversee.net owns both SnapNames and Moniker, but why are the Moniker people MIA ? This simply fuels the speculation Moniker's best days are now well behind it, and that this registrar is not even a shadow of what it used to be during that guy's tenure (Monte) which was before my time

As for John Mauriello's post to Pred and myself, I appreciate your offer and I'll look for the email trail of the money Moniker owes me and I have the employee's full name, the one that closed my file saying I was wrong when I showed proof I was right. And many transfers-in that were cancelled due to Support's ineptness and I was never credited. If you resolve this and give me my money back I'll thank whomever does that right here

You overlook the main problem which is the quality of Support and lack of accountability at Moniker, why should anyone have to come to a domain forum and complain out loud just to get a registrar's attention ? And you refuse to address the price matter which is what started to drive people away, $10+ for a .com, PLUS like $4 for privacy, $6/yr for email fwding, $6/y for URL fwding ....? I'd go for that if you had the best support and UI around, and if I knew someone was actually "running" Moniker and who exactly that was. Moniker also overestimated their customer retention rate given its expensive renewal fees, ie names that were worth a lot a few years ago just aren't anymore, so why pay so much --even if you're a secure registrar-- when someone else with good security charges a lot less ? I've been with you for years and all my emails to [email protected] have been ignored, ALL of them. So were ALL the comments I've entered in that box when you ask me the reason I'm moving names out. You'll continue to undergo massive customer desertion unless you "fix things" immediately

Sara

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Angel69 is correct.

My confidence is shot. We have had time critical websites down twice in the last six months, simply because Moniker fell apart. No real explanation. Nothing to suggest it won't happen again. I even have a hunch we are hitting performance issues for domains we are directing to Google (blogger).

Moniker needs to get its act together, and fast.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Angel-

Moniker and Snapnames have not been part of oversee for over a year. We are now part of KeyDrive. Sam, Marti, and Myself all work for Moniker.com and Snapnames.com.

Marti (Dir of Customer Service contact details in her post above ) and myself ([email protected] ) in Brokerage are actively monitoring this forum are here and available to assist you. In addition Navin Manickchand ([email protected]) in sales responds to all the email sent to [email protected] and I am copied as well. Navin can also assist you in making sure you are getting the best and most competitive pricing.

Please send myself and Marti at least one example of an email that was sent to [email protected] and documentation supporting the additional claims above about the credit and any other issues you are having.

Sara- Please contact any of us including me directly.

Please include your moniker account # or SnapNames username and any relevent Case #'s.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Marti Johnson
Sr. Manager Customer Support
954 861 3511
[email protected]

I realize that Moniker and Snapnames are one of the same, but using a Snapnames email address for a Moniker related issue, more than shows us where your priorities are.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Raider-

Not sure what you are referring to but if it was Marti's recent post, that contained only her Snapnames email address, you can also reach Marti at [email protected]. The support department and most employees work for Moniker:Snapnames. All her email leads to the same mailbox but
I will mention this feedback to Marti- including using both her emails in her signature stamp to avoid any confusion. Many of us use mail adresses under both companies and we consider ourselves to be one company. Let us know if we can assist you further.

John Mauriello

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i don't know what caused this but it worked fine when i tried it again a couple of hours later.
i can't even log in. i just get this..

Error
Error

Error. Please contact moniker. null null

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider-

Not sure what you are referring to but if it was Marti's recent post, that contained only her Snapnames email address, you can also reach Marti at [email protected]. The support department and most employees work for Moniker:Snapnames. All her email leads to the same mailbox but
I will mention this feedback to Marti- including using both her emails in her signature stamp to avoid any confusion. Many of us use mail adresses under both companies and we consider ourselves to be one company. Let us know if we can assist you further.

John Mauriello

Thank you John, it just seemed inappropriate using a email address from a sister company.. It was Moniker before it was Snapnames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom