Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Jul 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
No one who has $10,000 to spend on a domain name is going to be unaware that a name like reporter.com is dropping. People playing the game at that level didn't acquire that kind of money by being oblivious to what is going on in their business.
I disagree. I grew tired of looking through lists of names 2 years ago. So keep posting those great names about to drop just in case it's one I might be interested in. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Jul 15, 2002
Florida
www.dnjournal.com
Originally posted by gregr

I disagree. I grew tired of looking through lists of names 2 years ago. So keep posting those great names about to drop just in case it's one I might be interested in. :)

I see your point. With the stable of names you have built you now have the luxury of not having to follow the lists as closely as you did when you were acquiring your inventory. I stand corrected. :)

Kid Kool

Platinum Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sep 12, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Originally posted by GeorgeK
Thank you, thank you, thank you......although, it *couldn't* be me....after all, according to some people I can't afford to buy good names.... ;)
bwahaha. congrats george. glad one of the good guys got it.

by the way everyone.,
I would not have posted this name, but several days ago the bids were already in the 5-10k range so it's not as if i ruined it for some guy who had a $25 bid at namewinner and the expirefish.

i think its fun sometimes just to get a high stakes drop going
and let the chips fall where they may.

Bob

Jedi Master
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Apr 8, 2002
Major League Baseball
mlb.com
Originally posted by beatz
As for directly contacting registrants i agree as well; in fact that's one of the most promising ways to get hold of good names anyway.

The cat is out of the bag. . . I have been doing this WAY longer than anybody else has (or at least I think :D )

Although some owners have very unrealistic expectations, at the same time it's sometimes just unbelievable how many don't have a clue how much more their name is actually worth than what they're asking for.
Oh yes...... VERYYYYYYYYYY True :D :D :D :D :D

-Bob

fizz

Platinum Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by Bob
I have been doing this WAY longer than anybody else has (or at least I think :D )

I may have trumped you on your date Bob...PM sent :D

Nice catch George. Good luck next time to the runners-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.