Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld results up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
amazing lol

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
2188 names ...

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like I get to auction on y2.ca...the first domain picked! Picked up by pool.com.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am guessing that goes for $2200 at auction. Anyone else?

About accurate. It won't clear $3,000. Despite being more scarce, LN and NL domains are very difficult to find a use for compared to LL.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
how can y2 go for $2200 ?? when there are LN.ca's on the forum here that can't even sell for $1200 ????

what am i missing here?

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

make it $975 !! and it's a premium letter too

So who is the crazy one paying $2200 for y2 ? if it goes above $1000 i will be surprised.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how can y2 go for $2200 ?? when there are LN.ca's on the forum here that can't even sell for $1200 ????

what am i missing here?

I have the same frustration with me dropping names that no one will pay a $10 reg fee here for, and then it gets picked up by pool and goes into an auction and sells for $60 minimum often $xxx.

I wish that we could have a marketplace with the same audience that the CIRA TBR captures. They seem to have all the buyers looking in one place at one time at a limited amount of names for sale each week, creating a demand and the illusion of deals because it's a drop.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same frustration with me dropping names that no one will pay a $10 reg fee here for, and then it gets picked up by pool and goes into an auction and sells for $60 minimum often $xxx.

I wish that we could have a marketplace with the same audience that the CIRA TBR captures. They seem to have all the buyers looking in one place at one time at a limited amount of names for sale each week, creating a demand and the illusion of deals because it's a drop.

Maybe make a separate site on dnforum.ca? I usually find myself going to just the .ca sections anyway, so I would find that to be quite useful - would allow for much more targeted advertising as well.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i find it hard to believe that the domainers participating in TBR don't know what dnforum is...

since most of these auctions have domainers... very rarely are they capturing end users.

JonathanR

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. I paid for the 4th "Front of the Line Guarantee" with CanSpace, but the domain I wanted shows up as their 12th domain selected (on Sibername's last TBR run results.) Am I missing something?

Last edited:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Those are two separate things Jonathan... it just means Canspace tries 4th for your domain.. and puts 3 other domains ahead of it...

There could be other registrars who went after vyn on their first try....

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By the time we received your order that option had already been taken (the ones that say "already reserved" have already been ordered, but unfortunately our system will accept it when people order them anyway). We accepted the order anyway and just added it to the end of our queue (you'll see the invoices in our client area reflect this... you were in fact NOT charged for that option).

Fortunately it worked out better for you anyway!

The whole fiasco last week didn't tremendously affect us... however there were a dozen or so domains that we got last week that we did not get this one. Not to mention only being able to hold 5 spots for people for about a month.

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking over the results I got the two I absolutely wanted and a few others outright. :cool:

Auctions for another three that the past few weeks I had "won" outright and then watched climb in price each week... :upset:

Anyone try registering anything that fell through?

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking over the results I got the two I absolutely wanted and a few others outright. :cool:

Auctions for another three that the past few weeks I had "won" outright and then watched climb in price each week... :upset:

I got too many. I counted on getting about 25% and bid based on that. It looks like I got 19 out of 20 and now have to pay for way more than I had budgeted :sigh2:.

It's hard to complain because I feel like I got some really good deals, or is that just what an addict says?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i always feel like a sucker after getting a domain in TBR no matter how much of a deal i think it is ;)

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I've been trying some "not so popular names" and they wont allow to be hand registered - i even tried a sample (really bad name to check) and it wouldn't allow me to hand regisiter it - not sure why the backorder people have such a lenghty grace period over the average joe - sucks

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been trying some "not so popular names" and they wont allow to be hand registered - i even tried a sample (really bad name to check) and it wouldn't allow me to hand regisiter it - not sure why the backorder people have such a lenghty grace period over the average joe - sucks

Found the same thing. There are some traffic domains that went unclaimed - might be worth a $10 taste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators