• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed RevenueFlows.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2003
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
0
RevenueFlows.com

Thanks.
 
Any appraisal flows?
 
Reg fee-Low $xx
 
Really? I was thinking this one and incomeflows.com were not too shabby. While not as good as ones like "incomestream.com" or "incomestreams.com," the meaning is still there, and "flows" is a short addition; also, they work as both a verb and a noun. There's also the kinship with "cashflows.com," which I doubt would get anything but a very high appraisal at $xx,xxx minimum from most.

Mike, can you give some reasons why you would give it reg fee or low $$, or is it just a gut feeling?
 
I just don't see how this term could demand a premium higher than reg fee undeveloped. There's no overture or wordtracker results and all other extensions are available which means that this domain has little value vanity-wise. I'm assuming it gets less than 10 uniques/month therefore generating very little income undeveloped...not even enough to recoup the reg fees if parked PPC...so it has no value traffic-wise either.

Here's an example of a name that has vanity value but no traffic value:

actor.net - gets less than 5 uniques/day and converts poorly so there's little traffic value...but ovt/wordtracker are extremely high and it is a recognizable term (so there's vanity/end user value)

Here's a name that has traffic value but no vanity value:

ewather.com - gets 30-40 uniques/day converts pretty well...but it has no end user appeal (vanity value).

Both vanity AND traffic value:

CellPhoneStore.com - there's both end user appeal and it converts very well undeveloped on a landing page.


RevenueFlows.com is lacking both vanity/traffic value. That's my main argument.

*note* I have left out a few factors of value including SEO value (ie: fresh-flowers.com) that have little vanity/end user potential but high traffic potential through SEO
 
Thanks, Mike. That's definitely what I call a reasoned DNF appraisal argument, whether one embraces it or not. You make a good case. This name, as well as incomeflows.com, is probably potentially very valuable developed, and I think the SEO potential is within reach. The singular form would of course be much better, and even I passed on InternetCashFlows.com when I got the singular. So, while I don't want to press too hard for banking on "potential" with this one, I wouldn't want to drop it soon, either.
 
I'm glad you understand. I rarely go into that much depth when appraising but I figured that you, as an experienced domainer, would benefit from it. Another thing to consider when evaluating development/SEO potential is how susceptible the domain is to bleed through/domination. Is the name easily confused with another name/phrase? Is it dominated by a more popular term? For example, DrugScreening.com vs. DrugTesting.com (drug testing is clearly the more popular term). Just something else to consider before the development process.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom