Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Review Sites (Ruby on Rails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amagab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had posted this in the "websites for sales" forum but the thread was closed after deciding to sell copies of the application instead of a single ownership.

Ruby on Rails app - Location Based Reviews - THE PRICE HAS DROPPED DRASTICALLY. LOOKING FOR A FAST SALE.

Only $500

You can see the app in full working condition at http://ramen808.com and it's sister sites listed below. PM me or post reply should you have any questions.

Email me at feedback@review808.com if you want screen shots of the admin panel.

Accepted Payment Methods: PayPal, Electronic Transfer

Description

The right to use a copy of all code of a fully developed Ruby on Rails application for user-based location ratings/reviews mashed up with Google Maps. I built/had this built so I could write reviews about places but also let other people join and write as well....or research different locations that are mapped.

It's one Ruby on Rails application that you can use for multiple domains or aliases.

It's flexible - you can use it for any rating/review purpose and works for any address in the United States.

I am currently using the app for 10 review sites that are listed at http://review808.com

What is the purpose of the app: Users register and rate/review different locations, such as restaurants, doctors, beaches, stores, etc. The locations show up on a Google Maps plugin on the site.

In addition to what you see at the front-end there is also a web-based admin back-end for maintenance of users and locations.

Admin panel features:
- add/edit/maintain multipled sites and/or aliases
- add/edit locations
- approve submitted locations
- reject reviews
- maintain users
- add pages for CMS, such as ToS, Privacy Notice, Footer, etc. (see footer of my sites)
- add Google Analytics and AdSense or AdBrite code to sites/pages
- override CSS to create different color themes
- create/edit site welcome message, title and description

Application is setup with Google Apps for user activation.

Remember, you can use this app for any kind of location based reviews in the US. It doesn't have to be what I'm using it for.

Infrastructure:

- Ruby on Rails
- Location images and user avatars are stored on Amazon AWS S3
- Hosted on a FREE plan at Heroku

App Page Breakdown:

Home - welcome message, site description, last posted review, map overview of locations, cities, top reviewed locations, nearby locations, recent reviews, and recent reviewers.
City - location listings filtered by city
Location - location page with admin entered location information, location image, location map, nearby locations, user ratings and reviews, input field for new user review.
Search - shows locations search results
Registration - for new users to register (however, users can also register on the fly while writing a review)
CMS pages - blank pages you create in the admin panel, for example, the ToS, Privacy Notice, etc.
Profile - where user can edit their name, avatar, email, and password.

The website is built in Ruby on Rails. It is hosted on Heroku....using their FREE account. Only one background worker is needed, to add/approve locations and monitor reviews. Hosting is not included but can work with you to either take over current hosting or have it setup on your host.

This app has great SEO. I'm getting great ranking on Google for locations listed on my review sites.

I have sold one copy so far and am planning to sell a total of 4. Only 3 copies to go. Get one before it's too late. :)

Only $500

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

amagab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One copy sold.....three to go. Don't miss out on a great opportunity.

amagab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two copies sold. Only two copies left. Get yours while it lasts. Great opportunity for reselling or promoting a review site yourself.

amagab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm still offering two copies for sale. This is a great opportunity. You'll have full control and rights to the code. Thank you!

amagab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will soon start auctioning off the domain names and then this app might not be available for sale anymore. Remember, you can take over this app hosted free on Heroku. :)

amagab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It works on my end. Please try again. I'll PM you as well.

amagab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last chance. One copy of the app still available. Don't let this slip your hands. It's a great and extremely useful review app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators