Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Rhinos.org

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the name, but is a matter of what market is willing to pay. And I don't think the name itself goes very well with a TLD like .org. These days only non-profit organisations and other assemblies seem to want this TLD. I have seen better .orgs sell on Ebay for less than $20.

Good Luck!!

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look up who they are and offer them the name for $500

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nah, they'll just reg rhinos.us

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz Nah, they'll just reg rhinos.us

One reason it's so tough selling domains is the fact .US is frequently available instead of the com net or org. I have seen this happen a number of times. Since many of us (myself included) think dot-us is better than net or org (and even approaches dot-com in value on certain names) there is a good possibility the dot-us will be reg'd long before the other extensions are sold.

Biz and Info have also contributed to reg'ing alternative names rather than buying on the resale market, but not to the degree as .us. This has the effect of reducing the market value of many domains offered for sale. As more and more new extensions are approved the dilution effect will increase, though .com will likely hold its value well.

Originally posted by RealNames

Since many of us (myself included) think dot-us is better than net or org (and even approaches dot-com in value on certain names) there is a good possibility the dot-us will be reg'd long before the other extensions are sold.

Biz and Info have also contributed to reg'ing alternative names rather than buying on the resale market, but not to the degree as .us. This has the effect of reducing the market value of many domains offered for sale.

Seems to me domainers who own a pile of .us names are about the only ones who think their value approaches .com :) The statistics in terms of actual sales (or lack of); auction bids, etc don't back it up in my opinion.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bennoart
Well my mate George owns Rhinos.com - so maybe we will sell them both

Rhinos.com: $7,000 or the package of
Rhinos.com + Rhinos.org: $5,000

But seriously bennoart, why would someone who can afford Rhinos.com want to spend more to get Rhinos.org?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy Seems to me domainers who own a pile of .us names are about the only ones who think their value approaches .com :) The statistics in terms of actual sales (or lack of); auction bids, etc don't back it up in my opinion.

Of course, dot-com is more valuable almost all the time. Please notice I said US approaches com values only on certain names which are tied to the US in some way, names such as ChamberOfCommerce.US, NationalParks.US, 3G.US, TravelReservations.US, InterstateHighways.US, etc.

I also realize there are few sales to justify much value for .US (other than Network.US for over $10,000 from what I hear). When I say .US has good value, 2nd best to com, I am referring more to its future anticipated or estimated value, which I feel is a good bet.

realnames, there is a lot of doubt of the legitimacy of the network.us auction, probably best to not read into that auction until a transfer takes place (if at all).

The only two legitimate auction with bids for .us names that I've seen thus far are,

americans.us ($650 reserve not met)
ass.us ($250 reserve not met)

Those are extremely good .us names and I think it gives some indication of where prices really are. Of course .us has potential but at the moment its another very high risk extension with very little current commcercial usage.

I really don't follow the concept of 'future' or 'anticipated' value that people so often bring up, if most people really thought they had high future value they would have correspondingly high current values, but the statistics just do not indicate that.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.US is too new to have much current value. There are also not many developed sites yet. Give it some time.

I am convinced it will rank 2nd behind com in the near future. However, that's not so regarding International Usage as it's NOT an international tld.

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll give you $8.00 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators