Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Rick Schwartz Is Mad As Hell And He's Not Going To Take It Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One hand for the cellphone and one hand to take care of business. Clever use of a .mobi.

mobistone.jpg

Or a better use - flipping iphone.mobi for $5,500 - well done!

Oh, I forgot - you had the plural didn't you....

Domain Summit 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in regards to Rick, like I say he gets credit for the one thing he's good at, and thats great sales. I mean sales where he gets prices that noone else could get.
Look at property, ireport and a ton of others.
also does anybody know who owns the missing NNN.com in TJ Demas' little sequence?

yep, you guessed it, Rick, with 243.com
that Guy is just plain lucky sometimes

and you can bet he's prob. been offered 188,888 or some crazy amount but of course it wont be enough for him.

anyway he sold roomdividers.com which is being used as a redirect for the firm that bought, i struggle to believe this can get more than a few uniques a day at best but at $75k sale and number 2 slot, he's gone and done it again.
if ever you want to hold a masterclass in selling Rick? i'll buy a ticket for that

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No doubt Rick is a smart man and he has brought exposure to the industry. Credit where it's due. But do you want a repeating cybersquatter to represent you and talk in your name ? It's because of the behavior of people like him that we get a bad rep. I wouldn't want to give ammo to Mrs Snowe, Cadna & friends, no thanks.

Also what's going on with Traffic and the .me domains ? will they do .cc next ? Is this a venue for domain noobs or what ?
Remember, Greatdomains was respected and has credibility until they started peddling .cc & tv. domains.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Acro you went to only one relatively dead domain conference and instantly became a Traffic cheerleader. If you go to to the next Domainfest, we won't be able to shut you up. :)

I went to the one right here in my hometown; I'd be a fool not to. Met many great people, but unfortunately not you Greg. I heard you play a mean blackjack.

Cheerleading is not my expertise, I will denounce anything that does not go with my principles.

Domainster

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least he stands up and says what he thinks. Anyone can be wise after the event, and it takes balls to speak up and give predictions. And like him or not, he's right more than he's wrong.

I've never had any dealings with him, but I wouldn't hesitate. I can't say that about all the big portfolio owners.

Hell, he adds a bit of old-school colour to the industry and I'm not just talking about his shirts!

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I like him!

Yes !

Rick does much more good for the industry than bad when he "rocks the boat". He goes out on a limb sometimes to make a point...and it usually provokes thought and meaningful discussion.....this type of activity can help catalyze change and improvement in the domain industry.

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's no easy task really..

Being vocal & in the forefront of this intricate issue will require flawless credibility and moral authority.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's no easy task really..

Being vocal & in the forefront of this intricate issue will require flawless credibility and moral authority.

I think Jesus Christ is already booked for the rest of this century.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
everything always leads back to .mobi.... i would actually go as far to say the universe cannot survive without it.

...yes, im still here.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Jesus Christ is already booked for the rest of this century.

since when did we drop the 'H.' as his middle name?
some respect please Acro :smilewinkgrin:

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree. It's mostly jealousy over his portfolio and wealth combined with his self-proclaimed title of "Domain King". It's a similar situation vs Rush Limbaugh saying every day he represents to talk shows and the media what Babe Ruth means to baseball vs Rick's title of The Domain King or Webfather?

With all due respect, you're really wrong here trader. It's got little to do with jealousy and much more to do with hypocracy. Of course, I never thought about the possibility Rick is lumping himself in with the swarmy characters he speaks of. If he is lumping himself in with the negative role-models in this industry, then I apologize, he would then be no hypocrite.

Adventure

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have nothing but admiration for Rick Schwartz. He's a master of marketing, and has been an fierce advocate for the entire domain industry. I may not agree with everything he has to say, but nobody provides more food for thought than Rick Schwartz!

My favorite article on The Rick Schwartz Domain and Traffic Blog:

http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/2007/04/how_madison_ave.html

(No, I'm not a Rick Schwartz staffer, and I've never even been to one of his fantastic TRAFFIC conferences.)

---Ed

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
since when did we drop the 'H.' as his middle name?
some respect please Acro :smilewinkgrin:

I'm sure you're old enough to know that Larry Flynt used that full name as the editor in chief of his magazine :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, they would get it, if we had more credible characters speaking for our industry?

As we say in this country, "takes one to know one."

musicdotmobi

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is great news. I like the direction of the domain industry and it is inevitable.

I hope all this parked page garbage and PPC arbitrage gets eradicated by all the search engines. They offer nothing to internet users. It is pure garbage and waste.

Rick has not contributed any site that consumers found useful. Yes, he has been a good seller of domains. He sells land and parking lots but has no balls to develop and build.

The domain industry is moving towards the right direction. If you can not contribute to the internet community and surfers then what you are is a borderline spammer if the reliance is parked pages with links. Links and static content is a waste.

So yea, I am thrilled to hear the news. For all those who are developing their domains, thumbs up. It will be the only long term strategy. And it makes sense. Why have land that it is not developed? Might as well be a desert. Go to Dubai and see what development of land means. And yes they are profiting from it.

So you can keep your land and plant a cactus here and there but who ever visits it will certainly desert it. I would rather visit a place with people and real, genuine transactions. No tricks and borderline spam.

Feel free to disagree with me but hey we all have our opinions about his industry. I just look at it as a value driven economy to engage consumers and real commerce (and why not get some repeat visits while we are at it).

Cheers,

Constantine

Blog: Entrepreneur.pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom