Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Rick Schwartz sold BestOdds.com for $3.6 MILLION

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz aka The Domain King today on Twitter revealed that he sold BestOdds.com for $3.6 million. The listing price was $1.8 million plus he is going to get royalties for 10 years which is another $1.8 million.

The funny part is Estibot appraised that domain just $730.

IMG_20210127_195859.jpg

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anybody go by Estibot?

I go by what I want for a domain. Estibot says $50,000 or $5; if I want $X and I feel that is reasonable, I will sell it for that. I never even bring Estibot into a conversation for leverage if it's "worth more" there in order to justify my asking price -- why bother? I have something you want and you're either going to pay what I want or find something else.

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I go by what I want for a domain. Estibot says $50,000 or $5; if I want $X and I feel that is reasonable, I will sell it for that. I never even bring Estibot into a conversation for leverage if it's "worth more" there in order to justify my asking price -- why bother? I have something you want and you're either going to pay what I want or find something else.
Not everybody but new domain investors fall in the estibot appraisal which is no way accurate. The way world-changing I don't think estibot has anything to do with a domain name.

A wise man always said 'Shoot for the moon' it looks like Rick a lot of time do this.

wilfra

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

People with domains worth $20 that Estibot says are worth $2,000. They love quoting it.

vivadh

Level 1
Reaction score
People with domains worth $20 that Estibot says are worth $2,000. They love quoting it.
Yes!
In many cases, sellers quote Estibot or Godaddy appraisal values (go value) in their outbound pitch to attract buyers, saying "I know the domain is worth four figures, but I want only three."

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
The DomainKing trolled the Estibot directly here (intentionally or unintentionally, I am not thinking about that) and for so many occasions it makes sense.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators