• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed rims.us to be developed

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
2
rims.us

Just acquired!

Not looking to sell, planning to develop.

Interested in an appraisal as I develop.

"rims" in overture returns 131,000 searches and over 30,000,000 google results

There have been some high generic .us sales recently including models.us, jew.us and football.us all in low-mid $xx,xxx range.

Thanks.
 
ColdGin,

There are several different products reffered to as "rims". The most popular being car rims or wheels. Other popular rim searches are chrome rims, spinning rims, custom rims, truck rims and many others.

A few big rim manufacturers are Momo, Giovanna, and Konig. There are many many others. This is a huge industry. Some rims can be as big as 24 inches long. Rims are one of the most popular aftermarket items for cars, and not cheap!

The phrase "rims" seems to be very popular in the US thus the quality for .us extension. I am not sure what other countries refer to "auto wheels" as.
 
the high .us sales you are referring to had very motivated buyers and cannot be compared to your domain. Nevertheless its a good one word .us, i dont know how much it will be worth developed of course, but the name only I would think has a value somewhere between $200 and $500
 
domainah,

Thank you for your appraisal. I agree that the top .us sales should not be used for a reseller comparison. Isnt it possible that an end user may also be highly motivated considering the money in the rims/wheels industry? I do not think it is as good of a keyword as the three I mentioned above, but all considered, maybe a similarily motivated buyer/end user could lead to a higher price in the future. Time is to tell?
 
domainah,

Thank you for your appraisal. I agree that the top .us sales should not be used for a reseller comparison. Isnt it possible that an end user may also be highly motivated considering the money in the rims/wheels industry? I do not think it is as good of a keyword as the three I mentioned above, but all considered, maybe a similarily motivated buyer/end user could lead to a higher price in the future. Time is to tell?

well, realistically, there were 3 or 4 .us domains that sold for a high price, out of 300.000 good dictinary words or phrases (not even counting all the BS words) , meaning the chance that you can sell one random .us for that much is 1:100.000 per year, I think the fact that many people refer to those sales even without knowing what else might have been involved is killing negotiations very frequently due to unrealistic expectations
 
develope this name and watch it grow,a fantastic Dot US catch,This is definatly an end-user buyers market,Dev it...Wait for that corporate buyer at 2 to 3K imo.

Good luck with it!
 
I like this name! Right now it may not bring the "big money"(x,xxx-xx,xxx). But with shows like MTV and PIMPMYRIDE, "rims" are big part of pop culture here in the US. Every teen that gets their first ride wants to put "rims" on it!

I say develop it into a wheel shop, or wheel forum, wait, and watch the offers come in!

Good luck
just my two cents.
 
its a good keyword, but with the ext to match I don't like.. Build it up, sale some rims, brand it. Then it could be worth a whole lot more.
 
Thank you for all the opinions.

I agree development into affiliate or partners with a rim company would be best. May not be worth selling if the brand catches. From what I hear you cant get a decent set of rims for under $1000 minimum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom