Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed ripweb.com, mefun.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jessdesigns

Hello! :)

I'm new here and also new to the domain business. :) I've been told this is a good forum to learn a few things. So here I am.

If you could appraise the following domains, I'd appreciate it very much.

Here are the domains:

mefun.com
efilez.com
ecrave.com
dotsny.com
aafree.com
a-fast.com
2ocean.com
bonz.net
ripweb.com
myapts.com
file-it.com
daphnet.com

Thanks in advance. :)

Best regards,

Jessica

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welsome jessdesigns.

I like the look of file-it.com and bonz.net (not sure of any TM conflicts though), but you must stay clear of registering names such as ebaycentral.com because of TM problems.

J

jessdesigns

Hi fizz,

Thanks for your reply. :)

Hmm... When I registered ebaycentral.com I had in mind a support-eBay kind of site. Such as developing a site that offers tips on how to bid and sell more efficiently. Do you think eBay would not let such site exist?

Thanks,

Jessica

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Jessica, I recall a few months back eBay's legal eagles were shooting off C&D's to anyone with a domain they felt was too similar to their trademark.

They went overboard a bit and even sent C&D's to those with domain names simply containing the word 'bay'.

I think they may want to be sure that your domain name/site will not dilute their TM, so tread carefully.

J

jessdesigns

Hmmm...

What are C&Ds? :)

I will treat it carefully though. Maybe I should email eBay to ask if it's OK to have a domain like that?

How about the other domains... ? Any promising ones? :)

fizz - I like file-it.com and bonz.net too. :)

Thanks,

Jessica

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jessdesigns Hmmm...
What are C&Ds? :) I will treat it carefully though. Maybe I should email eBay to ask if it's OK to have a domain like that? Jessica

If you email eBay they will do one of 2 things, not reply or else say no, in either case refer it to their legal dept for WIPO action.

There is no way they could say yes, it's OK to use our name, as by condoning it, they would then have to let everyone else use their name too, something they would never do.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jessdesigns
Hmmm...What are C&Ds? :)

A Cease and Desist document warning an individual/firm/group that they're real angry about what you're doin', and if you keep doin' it they're gonna see you in court. Or words to that effect :)

J

jessdesigns

Thanks for the valuable information. That domain will be taken out of my list. (I'll edit it out from my first post too).

Any input on the others? :)

Best regards,

Jessica

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
none of them stick out to me....looks like another expired/on hold domains list

J

jessdesigns

Thanks for your reply alldig.

Expired/on hold list? I don't understand. I did register them after they expired. Is that bad?

Thanks again,

Jessica

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jess...they seem like typical names that would expire....meaning that I don't see much value in them. Sorry.

Before you reg anymore names Jessica, I suggest you need to really think about why a company would want to use them - and how that translates into dollar value to you. The names you have listed all fall into the "not immediately obvious" category and that usually means they won't sell, sorry.

Picking common terms/descriptive terms (but not coined/fanciful tm's) is generally a better way to go to make money.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ditto...i will copy and paste that remark into every appraisal until these people start to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators