• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed rye.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremypad

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Looking for appraisals...

CITY NAME
- 2 cities in NY - Rye, NY & Town of Rye, NY
- 1 city in New Hampshire - Rye, NH
- 1 city in UK - Rye, East Sussex
- 1 city in Australia - Rye, Victoria
- 1 city in France - Rye, Jura (commune)
- River Rye
- The real estate application in NY and NH is extreme... check out stats on Rye the city.

TRADED COMMODITY
Rye is a natural grain. There is a market for rye, wheat, etc.

CONSUMABLE
- Rye bread
- Rye beer
- Rye whisky
- Rye chips

Catcher in the Rye, etc...

3 Letter .com domain name
 
$18,000+ -> Domain Reseller
 
Thanks for the feedback so far.

City .com names are tough to come by... especially those cities that have an average family income of $130,000+.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rye_(city),_New_York

From a real estate perspective there is massive upside.

I'm biased. :-)

Rye (grain) is a billion dollar industry.

Did I mention I'm biased.

Jeremy
 
No, you're not biased.. :-)
Offer it to each of the families in those cities... there should be at least one who wants to own their city!

Maybe offer it to every rye bread producer too...
 
50k+ easy imo
I'm in on that. Stress the easy part.

There can only be one RYE.COM among perhaps billions of bakeries and bakers on this planet.

We are not just talking an LLL or prime letters, we are talking a word.

Not at all inconceivable to surpass the 6 figure market.
 
Nice name Jer. I wouldn't sale for anything under $30K plus to a reseller.
 
Great Domain , easy $25K+. More if you are lucky to get right buyer.
 
30+k minimum to a reseller..end user 100k at least
 
Rey/com sold for $80,000 8-28-07 Afternic but Rhy/com just sold on Sedo for just over $6,000

I have to say Rye/com should out do these two combined. $90k+

Had to edit to also add, just in todays Lexington Herald Leader there was a big article on Bourbon Whiskey having a huge recent growth in the market and all though I don't have the paper in front of me, I remember it saying something about the Rye market trending upward as a result. You can probably find it online.

This intrests me since I have BourbonWhiskey,us and StraightBourbonWhiskey,com which is on the front of almost all bourbons.
 
ditto $35K+ personally I wouldn't let go for mid 5's
 
Nice jeremy, i would say around 75K - 90K
 
...
 
Last edited:
I miss Amber. She was a trainwreck.

Spoiler: Danielle won POV, Donatos & Zach final 3


I wouldn't sell for less than XXX,XXX. True premium 3 letter name.


Good range of valuations - $25K to $200K+...

This is I think representative of the somewhat disinterested entrepreneurial opportunist with money ($25K) to the very interested end-user (6 Figures).

Most importantly, I appreciate all of your contributions to this thread.

:-)

Jeremy Padawer
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom