Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

sad side for bomb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The owners of bomb.com are selling their domain to save their family from financial ruin.

Bryan and Lisa Carter registered the domain in 1994. Eight years on and they're reluctantly auctioning it off on e-bay to pay off a "mountain of debt" after Lisa became ill and Bryan lost his job.

The bidding for bomb.com starts at $15,000 although Bryan reckons it could be worth as much as $170,000.
He's looking to make at least $25,000 - with $15,000 clearing his debts and the rest being used to cover any future medical bills.

Said Bryan: "Unfortunately my wife succumbed to a severe case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder last year that left her in a constant state of anxiety and panic, and has caused her to need constant monitoring."

"While treatment is actively being followed and recovery is occurring, the slow pace of getting back to normal has drained our financial resources to the limit."

If the sale of bomb.com exceeds $25,000, Bryan says he'll donate the surplus to the American Cancer Society.

The Auction started on June 10 and will close in three days time. At the time of writing there were no bids for the domain.

:cry:

Domain summit 2024

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there used to be a time when a name like that could sell for that amount....
now the domain world has gone to the dogs

can you believe altavista.com sold for so much millions ???? :)

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nic
there used to be a time when a name like that could sell for that amount....
now the domain world has gone to the dogs

can you believe altavista.com sold for so much millions ???? :)

for Compaq... $1 million is equivalent to $10 :laugh:
just kidding. :D

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that makes $33.50 in total :rolleyes:
:D :D

D

DaniilKharms

with all the terorist action going on, I can't think of any legitimate use for bomb.com.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't want to be a smartass, but he should rather have spent some money for a health insurance, than buying domains... :dead:

There is hardly any other domain that could have suffered more from sept. 11 attacks than bomb.com!

Poor guy. :sad:

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wwww
I don't want to be a smartass, but he should rather have spent some money for a health insurance, than buying domains... :dead:

There is hardly any other domain that could have suffered more from sept. 11 attacks than bomb.com!

Poor guy. :sad:

*nods*
:sad:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some people are absolutely sick in the head. suicidebomber.biz even has been taken :mad:

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Some people are absolutely sick in the head. suicidebomber.biz even has been taken :mad:

lots of weirdos on this blue planet :mad:

I think he really turned what could have been a very clean auction into something many would avoid, bringing up the lack of use for the name, the manner in which it attracts spam, and the 9/11 issue could have been left out.

Personally I think the domain is legitimate; lots of sites and corps using "bomb" as part of their name, bomb magazine, several music co's, even design firms.

flatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was surfing eBay earlier and happened across this one : AntiChristian.com .

I guess people will do anything for money. The owners' description is extremely repulsive:

I am in need of money, so this popular domain name is for sale. Perfict for Radical Islamic groups, Osama Bin Ladin, Islamic Army for the Liberation of the Holy Places, World Islamic Front for Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders Islamic Salvation Foundation, Usama bin Laden Network or just your average antichristian or antiChrist. http://www.AntiChristian.com is the best domain for you.

I don't have a problem if people have certain religious beliefs but to specifically market something (and on eBay!) to terrorist groups is horrible. I am sickened :mad:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or maybe the FBI could do us the favor. I won't be surprised if they use bots more powerful than Google's to search the web for certain key words.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by serothehero
it was relisted @ minimum bid of $3000.

can someone pls screw back the nut to that sicko's head which he dropped? :D

Nice tactic, the auction gets bids past reserve and then the auction is pulled with this in the bid retraction history.

neville-rude (2) Cancelled $3,250.00
Explanation:cancelled, I feel I have better chance outside e-bay with this. Bid:Jun-22-02 21:19:43 PDT
CancelledJun-22-02 23:03:29 PDT
jlbuy (254) Cancelled $3,000.00
Explanation:cancelled, I feel I have better chance outside e-bay with this. Bid:Jun-21-02 04:52:54 PDT
CancelledJun-22-02 23:05:30 PDT
benjamin.lesbian (41) Cancelled $3,200.00
Explanation:cancelled, I feel I have better chance outside e-bay with this. Bid:Jun-22-02 21:17:29 PDT
CancelledJun-22-02 23:04:07 PDT
stenning (0) Cancelled $3,050.00
Explanation:cancelled, I feel I have better chance outside e-bay with this. Bid:Jun-21-02 06:49:11 PDT
CancelledJun-22-02 23:04:57 PDT

Not a nice thing to do imo.

yes once its hit reserve a seller should be obliged to sell in my view, happens too often on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators