• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Saddest moment in sport history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me in high school with a class of 2000 students per class. Too many guys were bigger than me. Instead of football and baseball, I ended up on the fencing team.

I coulda been a contender.
:first: Wow. And to come out of the closet like that! :fencing:
 
Dwight Clark leaping over Everson Walls and making that freaking #^&#&%** catch!!!!! Are you kidding me???...Drop the damn ball u bum!!!!!

:)
 
On a serious note, way back when during the Ohio Div II State Championship game at Buckeye Stadium. My last high school football game of my career. Game went into triple overtime, down on the opponents 11 yard line, 4th down, need a touchdown to win an, 'whap' our qb get's sacked and that's that.

"When Linebackers Cry", coming soon to a bookstore near you.
 
Brazil losing the WC was not a sad moment...they played awful since the begining of the tournament.

Argentina losing with Germany was a sad moment, because Germany never deserved to continue...

I actually think Germany deserved to win the whole thing, the loss in overtime against Italy was what is the sad part. The whole event was a great event to bring nations together.
 
bring nations together.
Literally! :)
zidane2GET100706_450x440.jpg
 
Football:
England getting knocked out of Italia '90 World Cup
England getting knocked out of Euro 96, at home.
Tragic events.
Both times we deserved to go on & win.
If Paul Gasgoigne had a size 11 foot , not a size 8, we would have gone on & won, when he slid in .
The German football team are the luckiest team on earth. Always have been , always will be.
 
Saddest moment in sporting history....

when Frank Bruno was granted a licence to box !
 
The death of World Rally Championship (WRC) rally driver Richard Burns in Nov 2005 was unbelievable. I simply loved his Subaru Impreza WRX--one of my favourite cars today! I am an ardent fan of all WRC racing events. I was one of his fans and really felt at a loss!
 
1) Stan Collymores strike against Newcastle which in a nutshell cost us the title - couldnt speak for days due to it.

2) Any Ali fight after Leon Spinks especially the last couple.
 
Vancouver Canucks losing game 7 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals to the Rangers.

However, most enjoyable sporting moment: Joe Carter's series-clinching walkoff homerun in game 6 of the 1993 world series against Philly.
 
I may live in New Hampshire where there are NO income or sales taxes, and it's the Live Free or Die State, but my heart is in Minnesota.

Toughest moments:

When the Minneapolis Lakers Basketball Team were moved. Minnesota is known as the land of 10,000 lakes. What the hell does the Los Angeles Lakers mean?

When the Minnesota North Stars Hockey Team were moved. OK The Dallas Stars is ok, but what happened to the North?

When the Minnesota Vikings Football Team lost Superbowl XI to the dirtiest players in the League (the Oakland Raiders) in Pasadena in front of 100k+ fans. I was there and my only pleasure was tailgating the Viking way with Steaks and desserts and lazy boy chairs, especially when the Oakland fans were wrapped all the way around the stadium in line for a lousy hot dog. I turned down $10 from one Raider fan who wanted a banana.
 
Saddest Moment in Sports History:

The last quarter century without Philadelphia winning any major sports championship. Last championship, 1983 Sixers. Long, ongoing painful moment lasting more than half of my life.

Edited to add:
However, most enjoyable sporting moment: Joe Carter's series-clinching walkoff homerun in game 6 of the 1993 world series against Philly.

I hate you so much for mentioning that.
 
Ayrton Senna.....RIP...........Best ever!!!!.......even better than that German sauerkraut......:)

Dwight Clark leaping over Everson Walls and making that freakin #%@%@ catch!!!!!......Are u kidding me????......drop the damn ball u bum!!!!

:)
 
man i'm from cleveland, not sure where to begin...

the drive, the fumble, indians / marlins, jordan and the cavs ...

damn you X why you dredging up these memories?
 
man i'm from cleveland, not sure where to begin...

the drive, the fumble, indians / marlins, jordan and the cavs ...

damn you X why you dredging up these memories?
AHHHHHHHHH Man, bringing back repressed memories. (From Cleveland also).

Ernest Byner couldn't show his face in Cleveland after that fumble.

Remember Manny Ramirez's snafu?
 
AHHHHHHHHH Man, bringing back repressed memories. (From Cleveland also).

Ernest Byner couldn't show his face in Cleveland after that fumble.

Remember Manny Ramirez's snafu?


How dare you bring up the Manny Ramirez snafu!!! How dare you!!! :disappointed:
 
Bill Buckner??.....:).....run Mookie...run!!!!!

I hate you Tony. I was in the heart of the city when we one THE championship... and yes! I cried... next door to Fenway Park... I cried... shirt in the air on top of a city truck... I cried
 
X...im sorry man....didnt mean to cause u any flashbacks to 1986.....:)......if it makes u feel any better....i'm a Kansa Shitty Royals Fan.....and I too cried in 1985....:)....in fact ive been crying ever since then!!!!........where's George Brett, Willie Wilson, Frank White...when u need em now????
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom