Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sahar Sarid's domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who cares what he has or what he doesnt have, even if he replied in this thread he has nothing then what, who cares.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who cares what he has or what he doesnt have, even if he replied in this thread he has nothing then what, who cares.

Read and understand my previous post.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sahar owns funeralhomes.com, assista.com, flowchart.com

How in the hell assista.com can be a high caliber domain name? You might wanted to say "ass.com"?

Everytime I heard someone called domain king, god, baron, guru etc. I look at their domains and how they acquired them. In my opinion domain god or guru is the person who saw the potential around 1996 and registered great domains. The person who started with $600 and made millions.

Do you wanna see a real domain god check the name of Steven Terrance Jackson. bike.co.uk and same caliber of 120 names mean something to you?

TurNIC

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I read all the domain blogs I can find because they are easy to bookmark and they often do research for domain industry relevant stories I might be interested in.

The downside is I have to deal with their opinions as well. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I disagree. In every case, however, I am able to make my own judgments and move on without having some idiot critique me.

Brave souls, if you ask me.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If this is the criteria, then Sahar is not a domain god or guru.

There are several:

- domain fathers (those that started early, but slow, casting their fishing nets too narrow)

- domain gurus (those that came up with the idea of regging 500k domains betting that each one of them earns one penny every other day),

- semi-gods (those that picked up their pace after dot com crash),

- and apparitions.

But there's only one DOMAIN GOD,

and his name is

Scott Day.

His vision and persistence in collecting only superb quality generics in his portfolio (and tons of them too) is pretty much unparalled in domain space.

However, the point of my thread isn't about the need for dick measuring.

I was simply asking whether someone was willing to PM me some of Sahar's domains, since he doens't provide that info. You know, just a potential customer checking up on his supplier.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What am I, a semi assistant to the assistant to the main domain god assistant ?

I find the father/god/guru/semi labels funny. Why not just a smart guy, had vision, rolled the dice.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's usually the person on the "outside looking in" that wants to see whats going on inside...almost like the cheerleaders for the big football game, yet they do serve a very important purpose which is to get all the other fans out there motivated (and cheer the players on) ;) Just my own wooden nickel on the subject...although I can't say that sasquatch is wrong for asking here..it's a reasonable question on a domain forum..you know, to discuss these kinds of things!

Deleted member 70408

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've known Sahar for a little over a year, and known of Sahar for longer than that. In that time, I've found him to be a straight shooter, and someone always willing to give his opinion and/or advice without regard for how it will make him look. People look up to and respect Sahar because of his willingness to share what he knows about the business. He knows his $hit, and if you read his blog, you can see this. One thing that's cool about Sahar is that if you ask him for advice, and his advice brings you success, Sahar is as happy for you as he would for himself.

Many public figures like to keep their information private. He is a private entity, and as such, he is entitled to his privacy. I think many people would rather have their domain portfolios privatized, but at $6 a pop, it becomes cost prohibitive to do so. I know quite a few people who don't privatize their portfolios because they hope to receive an offer on some of their names, but Sahar isn't one of them.

Just because other domain investors speak highly of Sahar and "promote him" doesn't mean you must do as he does. Like most people who blog (myself included), I find it a fun way to become immersed in the business. I know much more now than when I started blogging three months ago simply because I try to stay on top of all the hot topics in the industry.

A few years ago, the most well-respected people in the business maintained their privacy and were reluctant to share anything. I think it's great to see people like Frank, Rick, Sahar, Michael, Andrew, Joe.... etc...etc blogging about this business. The more information that's out there, the more opportunity for the general public to see what we do and see why domain names are valuable.

Incidentally, on my blog, I have a "5 With..." interview with Sahar that will be published tomorrow morning. I won't post a link because it's probably against forum rules, but it's pretty easy to find my blog:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if he smokes weed :smokin:

I have noted that most great domainers do...

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Posting this on behalf of Sahar:
Interesting thread, legitimate question.
I own no domains, if my memory serves me right, I never have (that's why corporations exist).
Why do I keep the domains I'm associated with private? Because disclosing what you are associated with, or own, if your business isn't an active business (such as type-in domains), does nothing good but mark you as a target. Been there, done that, unrecommended.
One day I will blog about it, maybe soon. Risk management is an important subject domain owners (and business owners) should learn, know more about.
Take care,
Sahar

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
smart guy! I agree completely...now, hookah or bong?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I wonder if he pays for the privacy blocker, or if he has so many domains they just give it to him for free?

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch, you are a piece of work, my hair actually hurts reading your posts...:der::argue:

you certainly must enjoy spewing your nonsensical thoughts...don't you have a domain drop or something to catch????:frusty:

It's like a bad book, sometimes you dont realize you just wasted a bunch of time until the very end... :puke:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find the father/god/guru/semi labels funny.

These are not my labels. These are labels that THEY put on themselves. Used chandeliers salesmen with tropical fauna shirts seeking to legitimize/brand themselves to web simpletons with easy to understand stickers.

He is a private entity, and as such, he is entitled to his privacy.

What privacy? Nobody is asking him private questions. He operates in public realm, and he blogs in public ways, so these are legit questions as he himself apparently stated. If you claim to be an expert in something, show me what makes you an expert. Otherwise, it's just a fluff and you are a fluffer supported by fluffy buddies in pursuit of the common cause. It's a circle jerk once again.

melmunch

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are right though, Scott Day does have an amazing portfolio.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Interesting thread, legitimate question.
I own no domains, if my memory serves me right, I never have (that's why corporations exist).
Why do I keep the domains I'm associated with private? Because disclosing what you are associated with, or own, if your business isn't an active business (such as type-in domains), does nothing good but mark you as a target. Been there, done that, unrecommended.
One day I will blog about it, maybe soon. Risk management is an important subject domain owners (and business owners) should learn, know more about.
Take care,
Sahar

Thanks for that.

I think it is rather obvious that the "technicalities" upon which Sahar choses to answer these questions are rather telling. Those who are afraid of the boogeyman, usually have something to hide. In my opinion if you are willing to accept and/or pretend to be one of the spokesmen for the industry, but at the same time are not willing to be transparent with your own "goods", it is usually either because you are hiding something illigitemate, or you are not confident in your substance. Neither of these are good traits to admire in somebody that is in the last few months regarded as someone of great domains/business merit.

Deleted member 70408

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
What privacy? Nobody is asking him private questions. He operates in public realm, and he blogs in public ways, so these are legit questions as he himself apparently stated. If you claim to be an expert in something, show me what makes you an expert. Otherwise, it's just a fluff and you are a fluffer supported by fluffy buddies in pursuit of the common cause. It's a circle jerk once again.

Why does he have to show you anything? Can't you tell by the things he posts that he knows his shit?

If you go to a jazz show at Lincoln Center, do you really need to know what accolades a group received to enjoy the music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom