Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sahar Sarid's domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yawn. Honestly, at the end of the day, results are all that matters: those who build successful online businesses, no matter where they started, bring a valuable perspective to the table.

That's the old quintessential AMERICAN corporate mantra I run away from. It's the typical attitude that discounts anything non-tangible. I see that a lot in this industry. I'll pay you three years of .02 ppc clicks for your great generic because that's what's it worth.

Yes, results do matter, but it's not only thing that matters. You can learn a lot from educated, smart people even if they never done anything more exciting in their lives than holding a 9-5 job. As a matter of fact, all the system in which you live in was thought over and created by thinkers that never made any money. Yes, the streets and pavements you drive and walk on, the planes you fly, the courts you go to, the constitution you swear by, the atomic bomb you use to nuke foreign civilians into submission - all were originally "though over" by the creative thinkers. So by listening to me, or others like me, can still possibly light up a certain spark in your brain neurons and give you a brilliant idea that can change you life. It can also make you yawn (or even yawn redux it). The choice is not mine, but yours.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's the old quintessential AMERICAN corporate mantra I run away from. It's the typical attitude that discounts anything non-tangible. I see that a lot in this industry. I'll pay you three years of .02 ppc clicks for your great generic because that's what's it worth.

PPC rates are set in a market - and, as someone who works with large clients in analytics, I can tell you that the rates paid in contextual search are benchmarked based on a set of conversion objectives.

So by listening to me, or others like me, can still possibly light up a certain spark in your brain neurons and give you a brilliant idea that can change you life.

Wow, really? That's neat! :) </sarcasm>

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, all the system in which you live in was thought over and created by thinkers that never made any money. Yes, the streets and pavements you drive and walk on, the planes you fly, the courts you go to, the constitution you swear by, the atomic bomb you use to nuke foreign civilians into submission - all were originally "though over" by the creative thinkers.

Thought over by creative thinkers, and put into action by the doers....

Very little gets done unless there's a dollar at the end of it.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PPC rates are set in a market - and, as someone who works with large clients in analytics, I can tell you that the rates paid in contextual search are benchmarked based on a set of conversion objectives.

Are you also the type of guy who is trying to impress chicks in social settings by often repeating that market is rational?

Do you also think of Wall Street as a place where nonsence is not tolerated?

Very little gets done unless there's a dollar at the end of it.

Depending from what angle you're looking at it.

It can also be said that no dollar goes anywhere without being attached to an idea.

Idea is always first. Everything else comes after it.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you also the type of guy who is trying to impress chicks in social settings by often repeating that market is rational?

Do you also think of Wall Street as a place where nonsence is not tolerated?

I'm quite happy when markets are irrational - it opens up profit opportunities. You should really quit this thread while you're behind, bro; it's only going to get worse for you.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm quite happy when markets are irrational - it opens up profit opportunities.

I know bro, in the same profit opportunistic way you are happy when you offer others three years worth of .02 clicks.

So we are coming back to bullshit again. You contradict yourself in two two-sentence posts.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know bro, in the same profit opportunistic way you are happy when you offer others three years worth of .02 clicks.

Well, it turns out that PPC isn't a barter system after all. Yes, indeed, click rates are determined in a real-time English auction on the upstream provider. There is no contradiction - just a logical misstep on your part, which is pretty much par for the course. You think of the PPC market in partial equilibrium terms, which is inherently wrong - the opportunity cost of a given bid on a given keyword is placing other bids across various keywords, engines and site-targets. Good luck with your brilliant ideas; I'm going to do some actual work now. :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
markets are irrational

Markets are bullshitional, that is they are irrational by design.

Markets are those mystical places where a shrewd, ruthless, bottom-line oriented froth-on-the-mouth crazies helped along with the various sickly provisions and byproducts of their own apparatus are gangbanging newbies and average folk up their ass.

Well, it turns out that PPC isn't a barter system after all. Yes, indeed, click rates are determined in a real-time English auction on the upstream provider. There is no contradiction - just a logical misstep on your part, which is pretty much par for the course. You think of the PPC market in partial equilibrium terms, which is inherently wrong - the opportunity cost of a given bid on a given keyword is placing other bids across various keywords, engines and site-targets. Maybe you should buy a "Get Rich Quick" eBook to learn a bit of search marketing before you wade into these waters. :)

You are talking scientifically theoretical, I am talking practically realistic. I am talking about the part when your friendly parking company skims you. I am talking creative thinking where my intended bid SHOULD ALWAYS go to the intended target, you are offering me ppc marketplace where my intended bid VERY OFTEN goes to the completely irrelevant and totally unintended target because the ****ing algorithm is run by the faulty artificial intelligence. And I am supposed to be kosher about it and bid more, because you tell me "search marketing" is where's its at?

I am Gary Kasparov, you are Deep Blue. You win because you can think faster, not better.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are you guys arguing about exactly?

We all do things differently...it does'nt matter if you take path A,B, or C...or even Z..it's the end that justifies the means...if you are stroking a tax payment check bigger than what the average professional american earns annually at the end of this fiscal year then you are doing something right...I know I am! :eek:k:

I make ppc money, flip domains, register domains...I follow the leader and I create my own rules..whatever works...you have to adapt and change with the times..nothing is concrete or constant other than the changing market around you, thats the only thing you can predict.

Everyone in this thread is right..and wrong all at the same time..but who cares. Now can we all smoke some weed and get back to real business?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are you guys arguing about exactly?

We all do things differently...it does'nt matter if you take path A,B, or C...or even Z..it's the end that justifies the means...if you are stroking a tax payment check bigger than what the average professional american earns annually at the end of this fiscal year then you are doing something right...I know I am! :eek:k:

I make ppc money, flip domains, register domains...I follow the leader and I create my own rules..whatever works...you have to adapt and change with the times..nothing is concrete or constant other than the changing market around you, thats the only thing you can predict.

Everyone in this thread is right..and wrong all at the same time..but who cares. Now can we all smoke some weed and get back to real business?

Well said. Domaining has the flexibility to accommodate all sorts of strategies.

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK this is TMed by Jeremy but i think it's VERY Applicable to this.. LOL

Sasquatch!!!.....Stare at this dot for 30 minutes.

30 minutes of dot > Your post.

Bravo! Couldn't have said it better myself! Hat's off to you Maroulis!

My hair still hurts from just from Saharsquats (sp?) rambling, going absolutely nowhere posts!

Sheeesh! :blabla::lever::lalala::painkiller:

Wheres that phocking DOT again!???:eek:k:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stare at a bong, it's way cooler..or put your dong in the bong, it's pretty exciting when your next house guest uses it unknowingly :smokin:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to chime in and say there are not many people I would jump in front of an oncoming train for but Sahar Sarid is one I would.

He is truly a class act and I enjoy every minute I get to spend with him at the conferences.

If he wants his domains published, he will post them.

-=DCG=-

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There comes the good reference. End of this thread and this debate i guess.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont make 6 figures in domain business alone.....i am officially a loser..

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont make 6 figures in domain business alone.....i am officially a loser..

Dont' sweat it GameFinest, some of the predominant personalities around here are actually covers for, Mike Tyson, Hugh Hefner, or Warren Buffett.

Keep it real homie!

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The mere fact that a newcomer to the US materialized the "American Dream" on his own terms, earns Sarid my respect.

Nicely said!

Not only were circumstances tough being a newcomer, but it was a time believed to be "too late" to thrive in the domain business (probably a lot like people think today). Take this, and the fact that Sahar was financing his early domain business with credit cards, you can't help but have enormous respect for the guy. This is the definition of a total winner, and shows what determination can do. His best attribute is his character. He could easily be full of himself because of his success, but he's not. Rather, he is one of the most humble guys you will ever meet.

Why would he need to prove anything more to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom