Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sale: ruj.com | directi | $4000 or Best offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5660

petersen045 said:
I am the one who sold RUJ, and I tried to sell PLA.com and a bunch of other ones on ebay. If anyone has any questions as the the authenticity, validity, or legality of any of my sales, kindly call me at: 952.240.1341

why would we have to call when you already read the questions here?

petersen045

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK....since this has fast become the bashing zone on me, let me go ahead and shed some light on this situation and explain to everyone what is going on here. I am the rightful owner of every single domain name in question on these threads. Let's first talk about RUJ.com I put it up and it sold on ebay and I emailed the winner about 10 times, but I did not hear from him--I emailed him repeatedly but did not hear back, so after about 20 hours of nothing and fearing that I was the victim of a fradulent bit, I put the name up here and promptly sold it. I decided to sell the name to someone here on this forum Then within hours of that, the ebay winner sends me a paypal amount for the rightful winning amount. I felt terrible (I am new to selling domains on ebay) and explained the situation to him and refunded his payment. He was super cool guy but just got busy and didn't get my emails before I panicked. He was very gracious and I left him positive feedback and he actually purchased two names from me AFTER this little mis-communication. The two names he purhcashed from me were carbohydrate.net and carbohydrates.net. He got them both very cheap on ebay in public auction. Here is his ebay username: guidersys Feel free to ask him to validate what I am saying.

Next point: Because of this, many of the bidders on some of my other names sent me word that they were being encouraged to drop out of bidding for pla.com and others because of confusion about me. Negative and even FRADULENT emails then began hitting the bidders on some of my items. Someone then forwarded me a fradulent email regarding kry.com where someone was IMPERSONATING my username at ebay and saying stuff that CLEARLY looked VERY shady. I spoke with an ebay manager at length after several of these auctions. The guy that won kry.com and pla.com told me after he won them that b/c he got the fradulent emails, he would allow me to re-list these items, which I have decided to do. I am hoping the winner of yai.com will allow me the same courtesty. This time around, bidders identities will be kept private and maybe they will sell for more, and maybe for less, I don't care. A point was made in a previous post about me selling yai.com at a loss. Yes, it's possible that I might. There is such a thing as a "tax loss carryforward" and there are some advantages to having tax losses to offset gains. At any rate, I invite any and all users to please mark me as a favorite seller--again my username is thecollins2 and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me directly 952.240.1341 my name is Mark

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mark was very helpful and able to instantly transfer a domain I purchased last week. I would not hesitate to do business with again.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mark, Thank you for your explanation. Do you have any idea at all why people are connecting you with previously banned members? Did you buy from them to get any of these names, or share an account with them, or even know of them at all? Just looking to clarify that up.

I just tried to sell jso.com on ebay and someone was sending out emails fraudulently pretending to be me too and that hurt the price. Didn't end up meeting my reserve. I am very weary of selling on ebay now because of all the fraud.

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
scrsteven said:
Mark, Thank you for your explanation. Do you have any idea at all why people are connecting you with previously banned members? Did you buy from them to get any of these names, or share an account with them, or even know of them at all? Just looking to clarify that up.

I just tried to sell jso.com on ebay and someone was sending out emails fraudulently pretending to be me too and that hurt the price. Didn't end up meeting my reserve. I am very weary of selling on ebay now because of all the fraud.

Yeah... don't let it discourage you. Try doing a private auction next time - I heard that can help in avoiding such situations.

Regards ~

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And 2: Give people more than 20 hours to contact you.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This whole situation is just flat out odd. New member, uglypeople connection ? Collin...????? I ain't saying anything :(

petersen045

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was connected at one point with a guy who tried to sell me ify.com on ebay which I bought from him....then my partner told me that the domain name was possibly hijacked based on some posts that he saw on this dnforum. so while my funds were still at escrow.com I rejected teh domain name from him. that is my ONLY connection to any sort of fradulent sale like that. I have no connection whatsoever to uglypeople other than he bid on one of my domain names. As far as why people are connecting me to past fradulent person, I think it has to do with my username on ebay being thecollins2. I think some post earlier in this thread refers to this previously fradulent person as having a username similar to mine......come on though....if I was the same person WHICH I AM NOT--why would I choose a name that was similar to a previous, known fradulent identity? anyway, to answer all of your questions, kindly reference some of the domains that I am selling---they all point to ns1.5gs.com!!!! Ahah!!! I own that domain name also!! And I have a dedicated server, and I can put any message you would like to see on any name that I own! But don't simply stop there, check my transaction history here and contact the guy I sold a name to last week. Check with the recent people on ebay and see if I am legitimate or not. Call me on my personal cell phone-- 952.240.1341-- if you want me to set up an email account at pla.com or kry.com or yai.com, just say the word and I will email you from there. At any rate, I'm getting a big laugh out of all this and I certainly do appreciate everyone in the community and the concern--hey it saved me several months ago on ify.com At any rate---good luck to all.....if you want to let some of these ebay domain names go--be my guest--someone is going to win some good names....

If anyone has any further questions simply visit pla.com and then visit the whois history for this domain name. this should answer all questions and put this issue to rest.

Please visit pla.com for further verification. Then visit the whois history if you still have questions. Thanks very much.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps people think you are connected to uglypeople because he was trying to sell pla.com ,kry.com and dov.com on here, without success, at the time his account was terminated
Do you accept wire payment through escrow.com if the buyer pays the fees?

petersen045

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just checked my transaction history and I did buy the four domain names from uglypeople on January 6, 2006. I did not remember the username of the seller, and I did not know his history on this forum, but yes, I did buy four domain names from him kry.com, fut.com, pla.com and dov.com.....However, I believe that he obtained all of those names completely legally.....since my purhchase I have never had a single letter of ownership question or anything about any of those domain names. And yes, of course I will accept escrow.com if the buyer pays all of the fees.

D

Deleted member 70408

Just to quickly chime in, Mark purchased a couple of domain names from me on Ebay a while back, and the transactions went smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate to bid on any of his auctions - (and he is a nice guy, too).

mxzsleds

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to allow people more than 20 hours to pay for an auction

petersen045

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
agreed.

Well, now that I have all of this good publicity, be on the lookout for some more auctions on ebay of some great domain names!!!! pla.com, kry.com,

current auctions of:

hut.org

registeredsexoffender.com

etc.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First off Hi EJS ( Elliot ) ... its Gerry !.

Secondly , I won and received an auction from "collins2" / Mark ... A 100% perfect transaction on EBAY ...
I also was the winning bidder for Pla.com & Kry.com on Ebay.
I followed this thread with great interest , as I wanted the domains but did not want to get ripped off ... After the successful first transaction with Mark , Idecided that he was a cool guy and not the scammer that some here branded him.
Secondly , on any auction I bid on , I received a mail ( via ebay IM ) that this was a scam , and to retarct my bid ... and a link to this thread ..

So when the auctions ended , I had won 2 bargains .. in my eyes ... but only due to the very unfair scare tactics.

Mark was not happy with the auction results , and was very polite about asking could he relist ( not the tactics of a scammer ... they usually just want the fastest first buck ?? ) .. I , being a fair individual , agreed to a relist . ( AND I WILL BID AGAIN )

Why did I agree to a relist , you may ask ??
- Because he could have been rude , and just told me I was not getting the domains , and not to bother sending the money etc .. etc..

i spoke to him personally on the number provided above ( just after the auction ) , and he explained that he was not happy with the results , and that smn had mailed all the bidders ... I told him , that i too received mails but that i choose to ignore them as I had made up my mind that he was honest ( due to previous ebay deal )

So I feel this guy Mark is 110% ...

( I am just sorry that I did not get those 2 names first time round ! )

Gerry Brady
[email protected]

PS : i do appreciate that threads like this can prevent fraud , and that is good ... But a little more prrof before nailing an innocent guys B*lls would not do any harm either ..

YES I REALLY AGREE 20 hours is not a long time at all .. that should not have happened. ( regards RUJ.com ) .. I would have been annoyed if I was the winner .... But lessons learned .. eh Mark :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread closed!

Too many comments.

Seller may start new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators